1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I have some coming out as a lesbian advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BelieveinLove94, Jul 13, 2016.

1. BelieveinLove94

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm ready to start coming out to my friends. I'm already out to two and that's only because they are also gay. I think the other friends I want to come out to will accept me because they really aren't homophobic.
    There also two of my moms friends that are also my friends that I can come out to. One of them is gay and I have gone to her a lot and she's never revealed a secret to mom when I asked her not to. I think she would be able to help my mom through the acceptance process.
    Then there is moms other friend that I literally tell everything to. No matter what I tell her stays between us. I've told her how mean my stepdad can be and she gives good advice and has never said a word to mom. I've known her for pretty much my whole life. She's very accepting of he LGBTQ community. Her son has a friend who he has known his whole life who is a lesbian and moms friend said she loved that girl as if she was her own daughter. I really want to tell her but I'm not sure how.
    How can I come out to these friends.

2. BeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that the best advice anyone can give is to just come out when you are comfortable. Don't stress yourself out about it because no matter what, you are still going to be the same person. You don't need to come out for anyone but yourself, so make sure that it is what YOU want, not what society wants.

I also think that the people you have chosen sound really supportive, which is exactly what you want. Take it one day at a time and one person at a time, again, you don't need to rush through this, just go at a pace that make you comfortable. If you want, before you tell them, you can go on youtube and watch others come out. That might help you to figure out what you want to say. I hope this helps.