1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some support.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nutellza, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Nutellza

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, everyone. Over the past couple of months I have been researching on how to come out to my parents, as I think I'm ready to tell them, but I'm a but scared of what their reaction would be. I'm wondering if some of you could support and help me throughought this and give me advice, because I feel uncomfortable at the moment..... (*hug*)

2. Bahh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! I go by Bahh, but you can call me Bahh. Hahahah. I made a joke. That's a joke, right? Aren't jokes supposed to reduce tension?

Okay, now that I'm done being my weird and awkward self, time to turn my attention to giving advice. I know that being a closeted 14-year-old with almost no life experience puts me in a bad position to give adviceā€¦ But in my humble opinion, if you truly think you're ready to come out, then you should do it! I can't speak from personal experience, but I've been told that being out is the best feeling in the world. Now, as a word of caution, if you've overheard your parents openly making derogatory remarks about the LGBTQ+ Community, I would wait until you're financially independent or have a support network to come out. I am going to once again stress his supposedly awesome coming out feels. That being said, please feel free to post a reply or PM me with and further questions. 0:

All that being very inarticulately said, I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear back! (*hug*) Yaaaaaaay, hugs! Oh, and you asked for support, didn't you? *sends good vibes* They always work when I ask my dog to send them, so I figured I'd do it for you! ^-^

#2 Bahh, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  3. DemiNic

Honestly, if you are going to tell them, you've just gotta trust that their reaction will be good. I just wanna say that I really, really hope it all goes well for you and that one day I may be able to have the guts to tell my parents stuff.

Honestly, my heart is with you, I wish you the best of luck! Let's all have a group hug, shall we? While we all have different things to get through, together we shall get through them all.

~Nic ^_^

#3 DemiNic, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016