1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ScarletWitch, Jul 14, 2016.

1. ScarletWitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I posted this in the coming out stories thread, but figures that I need some advice so I'll post it here as well.

So I finally came out to my parents, but it wasn't how I intended it to be. I was on this website last night and my dad walks in. He takes away my iPad and looks at it and starts questioning me about it. I finally tell him and he makes me tell my mom. Like I'm glad that I got to come out and all, but I frustrated because my dad involuntarily outed me. Also, my parents are supportive, but they think 'it's just a phase' and that I don't know enough to be sure about my sexuality. :/

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A similar situation happened to me a few months ago. Let me tell you this: it's going to be ok. Eventually they'll understand that you're serious. Just keep pushing until then!

3. Bahh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I couldn't agree with this more. I have a friend who had to come out to her parents three times before they realized it wasn't just a phase, but now, her parents are super duper accepting! Just keep pushing and everything will turn out fine and dandy!

Hope I helped,
    Bahh~