1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbelievably pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Mar 11, 2009.

1. hoping

So i have been seeing this guy Ryan and hes so amazing and for the past 2 days he has been staying over and yesterday he and i were catching a train and going 30 minutes away so he could get some test results cause since his mum died of cancer and 4 other people in his family had it they want to make sure he is ok, he really wanted me to go cause he was really scared and um about 1 minute before the train got there i got a text from my so called mother saying '' i would prefer you not go, i want you to come home now'' So i left my amazing guy to be by himself while he was scared and um walked home, and my so called mother sent her bf to watch me, i was walking back and i could see his car a while back and he has his bonoculars and was on the phone to mum telling her where i was and today i find out she wants to turn me straight and is getting all these books and shit that show me being gay isnt normal and if it comes down to choosing between Ryan the guy who makes me more happy than anything or her and her bf, i would choose Ryan straight away.

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well at least you have your priorities straight. How the hell is he going to make you straight though? lol

3. briguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stand up for yourself, but be mature about it. I would try to counter act her ignorance with books and proof that it is okay to be gay. Also maybe give examples of people who are gay rolemodels such as Sir Elton John, Ellen Degeners etc..

4. EM68

You need to talk to you mom right away and tell her that there is nothing she of her bf can do to make you straight. There is concrete evidence that it does not work an tends to make people more screwed up. From what you have said in the past, both your mom and her bf are very ignorant. Sorry to be so blunt.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You are 20 years old. Its time that your mother realizes that! You need to show some assertiveness toward her. Its time to get your own place!

6. Jim1454

Wow - this seems pretty odd. Binoculars?!?

Your mom won't succeed. She's just kidding herself. If you really believe that to be true, they you should tell her that.

Planning to go with your bf, and getting all the way to the train station, and then leaving him because your mom called you probably left Ryan feeling pretty angry. Have you talked to him? Apologized to him? You'll need to demonstrate that he's more important to you than your crazy mother and her bf - because leaving him like that proved the opposite...

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Binoclars and spying on you via hidden BF. Talk about sad. Lol Becky's got the right idea. Remind her that you are an adult. And she is acting like a child.

8. Alex19

i would have got on that train even faster after she said that. i think u should tell her that theres no changing it and if she loved u and cared for your well being, shed knock that stupid shit off. theres no changing being gay. shes just gonna have to learn to deal with that.

9. kettleoffish

that's got to suck. You need to just be assertive and rational with her. Show her her own ignorance, but remain calm and collected if at all possible. Hope Ryan's okay too!

10. sdc91

If it gets really bad... restraining order? :/
    Binoculars, yikes.

I'm sorry you didn't get to go with Ryan to get the test results. He sounds like a great guy from what you said. You deserve him and he deserves you. Hopefully your mom will come around.

11. -Michael-

A blunt object and a sharp pair of scissors. :wink:

If you catch my drift.

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Mmm kinky.

13. s5m1

You and I both know she is not going to change you. You are gay and will always be gay. I agree with the comments above that it is time to draw the line. If she will not respect you for who you are and stop this nonsense, it is time for you to move out. At 20 years old, you are an adult and entitled to live your own life.

Ryan is no doubt hurt by your decision to go back home. I do not think I would have left him to go alone to his appointment, but I am not in your shoes and am not judging your decision. It sounds like you have found a great guy. He must be hurt or confused, though, by today’s events. I suggest you give him a call and candidly discuss these issues with him. Part of intimacy in a relationship is discussing issues that are affecting your life and seeking support and advice from your significant other. Maybe you can turn this into a positive with Ryan by involving him in what you are going through.

14. hoping

He came over that night again and we talked and its ok, but if i hadnt come back mums bf is an ex cop with a real big problem, i mean he threatened to run over my sisters bf. i found out what he thinks of ryan and i hate the arsehole for saying that shit about him.
    On thursday morning i woke up and he held me so tight and asked me if i was ok and all that, cause he had to go to sydney for 5 days to work. i have sworn to myself that from now on im not being controlled by either of them and i want to be there for ryan always no matter what

15. Dazed

Dazed Guest

oh my. your mother has some control issues.
    youre 20. maybe you should find a job and get a place of your own.
    your moms BF scares me.
    alot.

16. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Get away from your mom's bf asp; that's disturbing! I think you but more likely your bfs life is at stake if he could do that to your sister!