1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(showers) Dunno what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by punkrocker99, Mar 11, 2009.

1. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    After sports in schools (for guys) what do you do (as a gay guy)
    especially if you're not out, if you're in an open space,
    NAKED, with a bunch of, NAKED, probably mostly attractive guys?????
    *cough* *cough* erection *cough* *cough*

what do you do? I'm sorry but the "cold shower" "think of nasty old naked grandma" doesn't get me down. This is actually a big problem for me because I wanted to do sports, but I'm really really really worried about this, it's literally making me lose sleep at night.

2. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The thing is everybody is a bit anxious about getting erections...so I would joke about it. That said, have you had issues before? For me, as long as I'm not trying to enjoy the scenery I'm fine. But anyway I would focus on getting clean. If that doesn't work you could always wear shorts and just say your shy.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Don't shower? It's as simple as that. And if your instructor wants to give you shit tell them it's your right to refuse and if your grade suffers because you choose to neglect personal hygiene tell him it's not his place to say. Showering has nothing to do with PE. It is not really going to enhance your muscle. Good god, you turned a knob. Congratulations!

4. Paralyzer

If you're not familliar with what happens in shower rooms, I'll just tell you that you shouldn't be too worried. Getting naked, in most shower places (if not, everywhere) is completely optional.

Generally, guys that get naked just do it for shock value. You can wear trunks or your undies.. haha.

Don't fret! It's not bad... guys try not to look at the crotch area much anyways so you can hide your errection pretty well with something on. Also, showers tend to be short...

5. briguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would also suggest to not shower, the teacher can't actually drag you in there, or just don't focus on the naked guys, or maybe head into the shower at a diffent time??

6. Celestial

Celestial Guest

You don't have to shower, just make sure it's ok with your teacher. :slight_smile: Or you could be pervy and ask people if they want some "fun". Just kidding! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Greggers

Step 1) Wear some form of swim trunk or spare underwear

Step 2) If someone makes fun of you for not going in naked reply with "Why do YOU care? I suppose you want to look at my junk if you care so much huh?" or anything like that.

Homophobic kids are the only ones who will make fun of you for showering with something on, and so a response that basically calls them gay is enough to get them to back the hell off you :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! (*hug*)

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You just shower. If you get wood, you shower with wood.

If anyone says anything about it, glance down and say "Well, it looks like it's working OK." Then glance over at them and say, "What's wrong with yours?"

Lex

9. Charles Marcus

awww. I remeber my school time. showers mmmmm. naked guys. (just daydreaming)

Lex advice is funny.

and i can just sugest like many did before don't go to showers. i think it's easier way to get of this situation.

10. most guys at my school at seen each other naked at other sporting events and even as kids (small town). but the outsiders didnt shower, as far as i know.
    I would say that even underwear or swimming trunks wont help much in the erection department......sry.
    go naked if the others are, and try to imagine them as family. u dont want sex with family! (caution: plz dont get a complex from that advice!!!):eek::eek:
    otherwise follow lex's advice (!) ive heard stories of the jocks having a fun time together while in the locker rooms (!)(!)(!)

11. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yeah...I''ve seen that first hand. (the jocks thing) And Ihave to say, that's probably one of the gayest things straight people do. Sometimes straight guys act so gay I feel straight again. (!!)

12. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I had this fear too, but in the end, it proved really not to be an issue. It somehow never comes up (in more ways than one :lol:slight_smile:

When I'm naked showering with guys it's just... naked showering with guys. It's this apart atmosphere where everyone is talking about something else than how they're naked in a room together. And everybody does of course see you, but commenting on it would be pretty embarrassing anyway. Just go with the developing conversation, and you'll be fine.

Now, when I'm alone, remembering how I was naked in a shower with other naked guys... :grin:

But as said, it never happens when I'm actually there. I've never been in a shower with someone I'm desparately in love with though. I'm not sure what would happen then...

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing I forgot to mention.

You know that thing you're freaking out about? About how you'll look in the shower? That people will see your dick's too small or too big or too hard? Every other guy in that shower is thinking the same thing. Maybe not to the same degree, but they don't want the "gay" tag either. Because of that, there will be, at most, very furtive glances at other guys. There won't be guys staring at each other's crotches, comparing notes. They'll be far too busy worried that YOU are judging THEM to bother judging you.

Lex

14. Alex19

do u have to take a shower? and if so just wear something. if someone asks, just tell them:
    "why do u care? got somethin to see?"
    thatll draw the attention off u if its on u at any point.

15. Markio

If you get an erection and people see, I'd just bring up in conversation a girl everyone thinks is hot. Then you won't be alone...:thumbsup:

Or if people bring up your erection (pardon the pun), just claim you were thinking about Scarlett Johannson or something.

16. justinishere

Hahah Lex you are so funny! :lol:

Well what happens at my school is some people shower but most don't. Nobody says you have to, its just so you are clean. If people look just say "Why are you looking there?"

Works everytime!... or so I heard

17. Time

I would simply ask why they were looking in that direction.

18. diegon3

well you could soap up "if u know what i mean" it helps me a lot cause it can burn.

19. Red87

When I was in basic training for the military, It was never a problem. Yeah, there were hot guys in there, but you're in there to clean up, not have a sexual experience. Really, you'll be so nervous the first times it won't be an issue.

20. tylerzane69

i would just go in naked and do your thing, dont worry what everyone else thinks, i know when i was in sports all the guys fooled around and i seen half hard-ons all the time and no one said a thing, if you can just fool around with the guys and make it seem like a joke then your golden, but if your to embarrassed to do that then i would suggest not showering at all, cuz even if you wear something then someone will notice and everyone will be talking about how small you must be because you were to embarrassed to go naked... and if anyone says anything about your erection then just say that you know what you got is hot and they are jealous... just come up with something witty that will throw them off your scent...