1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Big Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by auri7, Jul 19, 2016.

1. auri7

Out Status:
    A few people
    Just had to put this out into the universe because I'm pretty sure I'm going to implode from emotional overload if I don't...

I'm planning on coming out to one of my apartment-mates and closest friends tomorrow night. There is no reason for me to think she'll be anything but supportive (she has many LGBT friends and is a major ally), but I am still freaking out. This feels like my most vulnerable coming-out yet. I told my sister ages ago but knew she would be awesome about it, and the small number of other people I've told haven't been a big deal in terms of having an immediate, direct impact on my life. Besides my sister, I'm not particularly close to any of the other people I've come out to, they were just the right people at the time.

Telling my roommate makes everything seem much more real, and on top of that I really hate being vulnerable around others even though I know how important it is. I'm not particularly trusting of others, so in spite of all the evidence I am so scared that somehow telling my roommate is going to backfire.

That being said, I know she is the right person for me to go to next. We've been through a lot, and I believe she will be supportive even if there is an initial awkward phase.

Still... :eek::eek::eek:

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do it~! (!)

3. Emmie Love

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious