1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get no to mean no?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jman1013, Mar 12, 2009.

1. jman1013

jman1013 Guest

Hey,

So, pretty much there is a slight problem between me and my flatmates where they have the tendency to whip down ther kegs and jump on me and do stuff like sit too close to me on my bed in nothign but there boxers. so the issue?

well they dont know I am gay, with this making it very hard to tell them. they are constantly annoying by touching me and tickling me, and there is no real way out of because end of the day its a joke so Im not goin to go spare at them but teling them its enough or stop only encourages them and so it often gets a bit out of hand.

so, pretty much, ideally id like to be out but i feel that if i tell thm they are goin to think i was ttly up for all tht and it will make it weird. So, i feel if it stopped then maybe after a while i could tell them as it wouldnt be as weird. you know what guys are like them stopping is unlikely. I even tried to act as tho it doesnt bother me but that hasnt worked. I feel my flatmates are the biggest obstacle in my coming out.

2. olides84

If you are already telling them to stop and they ignore you, then I don't see how they could feel you were totally up for it. If you wanna come out to them, maybe next time they start jumping on you just say "I'd rather have my naked boyfriend rather than you jumping all over me." :slight_smile:

3. Markio

Have you said "No" in the past when they jumped on you and stuff? Because then you would have proof that you weren't "totally up for that".

Alternatively there are plenty courses of action. You could buy a tazer for when this sort of thing happens. You could play along with them so that when they grab you and tickle you, you can just grab them back, cuddle and move in like you're gonna kiss them. That usually stops a person in their tracks. You could avoid being in the room with them for as long as possible. You could wear sharp pointy clothing. Or you could come out.

If you'd like to be out and don't think they would really mind, then you can tell them about yourself. Ultimately they are the ones initiating all the touchy-feely business and so it's not your doing at all. If they think you have a crush on them just because they're guys, just tell them not to flatter themselves.

Personally, I chose the option of avoiding my roommates for the most part. They're not really my friends, and so I don't feel the urge to tell them something personal. If your flatmates are your friends and you feel you owe them the truth in your coming out process, don't let their silly guy stuff stop you.

4. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Dear god, they're tickling you and you're sure they are straight? LOL

Tell them no, and be very firm. Are you a firm person? When you say no, do others listen? If not, then maybe you are just caving or not sounding resolute.

If I say no, then most people won't even try to pursue w/e it was they were. Lol But, as flatmates, they need to learn your boundaries.

5. Alannah26

Lol... buy a tazer sounds like a good advice. XD
    I think if it really annoys you, you should just tell them it does. If they dont listen, maybe you can ask them why they want to do such things. Is it to annoy you or just playing around or are they gay too? As Markio said, it's easier to tell them you're gay and that you dont feel comfortable it they're unintentionally doing these kind of things.

6. DexterMorgan

Alcohol can make you do things you wouldn't normally do, remember that. :icon_wink

That's interesting. You should hold up a lighter and eave it around next time.

7. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Maybe they are gay. Lol It's just tickling past the age of like 10...and by guys is a little...queer. (in the essence of the word of course) Maybe they like to touch other guys or be physical but still that'd be pushing the boundaries of your comfort. It shouldn't accost them friendship but they should know it's obnoxious and needs to end.

(!)

8. They may already have an idea that you are gay..........
    not to scare you but u may not be reacting like how they percieve a str8 guy would.
    And they like picking on you!
    or ask them if they are gay since they like being touchy-feely with you. just try not to accuse them. too much....lol
    best wishes to you

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Telling them you're gay is usually the best way to bring it to an end. Other than that, you simply tell them to stop. And if they don't, I've found that a quick downward tug on the scrotum makes a great emergency brake.

lex

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol What if that doesn't work Lex? I dunno...His flatmate might actually like that...

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess then you offer to finish what you've started. :slight_smile: But my guess is it won't go that far.

Lex

12. BasketCase

I'd combine two of the suggestions - tazer the scrotum.

13. Techcompu2

does not want to think about how painful that would be...

14. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol u guys are hysterical. :grin: