1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quote - "eww"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GentlyAlone, Mar 12, 2009.

1. GentlyAlone

i was walking back from youth club with a girl, i wasn't particulaly friends with her so she didn't know me too good.
    i had been chatting with the youth workers about getting some people involved in the day of silence this year. so she decided to pipe up on our little walk home, and said that she thought that being gay was disgusting, she just didn't understand the concept of man with man and woman with woman. i just kept quiet but sitting at my little computer i just thought of a good come back and i thought i'd share it with you

well, have you ever really fallen in love with a boy?
    did you fall in love with his personality? his hair? the way he makes you smile?
    or did you fall in love with his penis?

that would of shut her up.:icon_bigg

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "You don't have to understand it. You just have to accept it."

Lex

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Idunno about the comeback...It'd probably work if it fit her correctly. But I've over heard many conversations that're just like that. And one such couple had the audacity to say that right next to the QSA...Lol I was ike wow. Talk about fucking rude.

4. Greggers

Disgusting? Not showing is disgusting, stepping in dog shit is disgusting, wearing orange is disgusting, but two people in love? Thats beauty.

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

greg i hope you dont mind..but that just made its way to my Signature

6. Alex19

wow- id have told her off.
    me- "what do u care? u dont need to be thinking about it. maybe they think vagina/penis is nasty. its not really your place to call something that u dont understand disgusting. are u some sort of fundamentalist?"
    and then id add what Lex said- you dont need to understand. just accept it. and if she asked me if i was defending it b/c i was gay id say:
    "no shit bitch!" well, maybe not so vulgar but shed get the picture...

7. Jim1454

What's wrong with orange? :eusa_doh:

8. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lol Jim! :roflmao:

9. OneHatMadder

My dad and I attend this club. It's a drinking, gambling, dart playing type club. One man named Dennis said that "Only faggots wore orange" and because no-one else there liked Dennis they organised a day where everyone wore orange but they didn't tell Dennis.
    So everyone turned up one night dressed in all their orangy splendour except Dennis who was deeply humbled.
    'Twas brilliant.

10. jazzrawr

There's a teacher at my school that everyone calls ORNJ...and he ALWAYS wears orange. XD

ANYWAYS. I say basically the same thing as Lex to people like that.
    Or I tell them off somehow. XD

11. Markio

OK, first of all, orange is more than a color, there's a whole spectrum of orange, and some of those shades look great on people, especially depending on one's skin tone. In fact, studies show that when meeting new people, wearing orange makes a person appear more approachable. Of course, I can understand how distasteful some of those louder shades of orange can be on a person... I'm really just biased though, it's my favorite color and all.

I like the argument that you don't have to understand but just accept it. Of course, I wish there was a decent comparison. Like, "Well, some people really enjoy polka. I don't understand why, but I'm not going to stop them from enjoying it." Of course, the other person may argue that music is part of culture and in that sense the speaker is saying that homosexuality is caused from one's culture. There's probably not an entirely appropriate comparison. People are stupid.

12. Alex19

why is everyone getting hung up on orange? its an ok color... but if its floresent its actually really appealing.

13. tazz

tazz Guest

haha, I got that "it's disgusting" thing from my straight friends too

I just asked them how it was any less disgusting than seeing two fat or ugly people together? I also liked the part about how she said she "didn't understand" - that's not the fault of the gay people now is it?

14. Alannah26

Haha, From where I'm from, orange is the country's representative colour. lol.
    Yeah, I hear people say that too, they just think it's disgusting that a man and man could be together. Straight guys tend to really like the idea of lesbians.. but that annoys me too because they only think its hot because they want a threesome. >_<

15. xadude

Guys come on u should know that every person who wears orange either just likes the colour or they are Dutch!

16. Poring

haha, I know right XD

From "eeeeew, gay!" to orange... This thread makes me smile :lol: