1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer Montrealers here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sugar, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys!

I feel really alone. I know I live in an openly gay city with plenty of gay groups but I'm scared to get out there alone.

When I first came out, I joined this youth group and I started meeting a bunch of people. The when I got in a relationship with my gf (ex) I stopped talking/hanging out with everyone. Now I'm back to zero and I feel out of place going to the youth groups. It's more for teens and I'm going to be 21 soon.

I just wanted to know if there were any Montrealers here who wouldn't mind taking me under there wing! If not, I guess I'll grow some cahunas and get out there o.0

2. pirateninja

Just out of precaution, can I ask that this thread not be used as a meet-up thread? Otherwise it will be closed.

If that was not the intention, then sorry, but I just have to make sure that no public meet-ups are posted on here. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Well, I'm no wingmaster. I don't really get out alot in the clubbing sense. I mean, I have gone to a few Queer McGill events, but they consistently have the worst DJ ever playing and I end up leaving sooner rather than bloody-eardrums later. Compound onto that the fact that it's alot like a highschool dance where you only dance with people you know and I don't know any of them because a large portion of Queer McGill participants are Student Society rejects. But that's neither here nor there.

From what I can see of the Craigslist missed connections (which I peruse in hopes some gal will finally notice me), if you want to do the clubbing thing, I'd suggest the Drugstore or Unity. Take some straight girlfriends with you for a night on the town. You may not be with queer-types, but at least you won't be alone in it. Elsewise, cahuna it up.

:grin:

You from Montreal originally?

4. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh sorry Pirateninja. I guess the intention is just getting to know who's from Montreal and maybe the possibility of a meet up so I'm not sure??

Thanks for the reply Numfarh. Yes, I'm originally from Montreal but I did move to Repentingy recently and that's been a bit of a drag (travelling). I go to Unity/Drugstore/Sky with my straight friends once in awhile but it's not the same. I guess I'm just jealous of always seeing those group of girls who all know eachother and have a good time. Lol I thought Queer Mcgill would be more exciting than that! Are you from Montreal orginally as well?

Ah well. My ex went to "Visibilite Lesbienne" sponsored by Gaie Ecoute last Sunday and she said it was mostly middle aged women :frowning2: Is it me or there's a lack of lesbian communityness in Montreal??

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Naw. I'm from Alberta. You know, the other hated province. :grin: I moved here last year to go to McGill and oddly enough, I'm still there. Do you study? Work?

As someone who only started to come out in like October, I haven't really seen much of the availible scene. But there are groups of girls who know each other and hang out. Or at least, it seems that way based on the intense cliqueyness of the QM stuff. I'm really not one to give great advice for this. I was honestly just all: OOH. I'M FROM MONTREAL TOO.

How do other people feel about their respective communities? Are we just missing something in Montreal? Or is it like this everywhere?

6. Jim1454

Hey Sugar! Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time right now. It certainly isn't much fun going out on your own. People are already out in a group, or they're too shy themselves to start a conversation with you...

I'll send you a PM.