1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flip flopping on Coming Out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Eab91, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out yesterday to my hetero husband... I am now having so much confusion. I know that I only like woman now and I am accepting it. But i almost feel regret telling him because now we are separating(civilly) and we have a three year old together so I am having a lot of guilt for being the reason our family is separating... I am also having a lot of guilt for him hurting. I just don't know. Is it normal to flip flop on Comig Out? I am so lost and confused.

2. shootingstar

shootingstar Guest

Having not come out myself I don't speak from experience. But here's how I see it. Given that you have a family with a young child I can't imagine that you would've come out if you weren't 100% certain of yourself. It is natural to feel guilty but chances are you would feel 10 times more guilty and unhappy if you chose to not come out and live a lie for the rest of your life.

Your act of coming out is a step to greater happiness. Good luck.

3. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! And yes It was very hard to come out to the few people I did. My marriage wasn't the best as it is, but I do feel guilty about the changes and hurt I am causing. :frowning2:. I feel very relieved, I can't wait until I reach happiness. I think a therapist would definitely be beneficial. It's so hard to deal with since not many people I know understand what it's like. Many of the people I know are homophobic so I am very hesitant to fully come out..

4. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im sure most of us who have come out to a spouse have similar feelings. I just posted a thread in ChitChat about it actually.

5. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will have to go look at it. Thank you!