1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep coming out wrong.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by britishatheart, Jul 24, 2016.

1. britishatheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So last night I was at this party.

Me and these four other girls were sitting around eating pizza and talking about sex (because, you know, why not?), and homosexuality taboos came up. I made some statement like, "I'm sorry, but chicks be hot," and all my friends think I'm bi (because for the longest time, I thought I was, too, and that's how I came out). Except for this one girl. Guess I never came out to her. She looked at me and said, "You got something you want to tell us?"

It was perfect. I could've easily come out as a lesbian right then and there, set the record straight once and for all. But I didn't. I looked her dead in the eye and responded, "Yeah, I'm bisexual."

Except, I'm really not. :bang:

At this point, I don't even know what to do. All my friends think I'm bi, and I'm pretty sure if I even tried to come out as a lesbian, I'd either lose my nerve (like I did last night) or they wouldn't believe me, because I dated this guy for two years and they've heard all my rants about boys, back when I thought I was into guys. Sometimes I'll even tell them I have a crush on some guy just to fit in-- I realize it's lying, and I hate it so much, but I feel like I have to keep up this persona. I don't even know why. I guess I'm just afraid of being the odd one out.

What do I do?

2. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi BritishatHeart
    My advice is to just take your time! When you are ready to come out the opportunity will arise and it will be done.