1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next step

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by prettypixie, Jul 25, 2016.

1. prettypixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out as bisexual last week to my husband. He kind of knew anyway and was pretty much waiting on me to tell him. He was happy that I felt safe enough to tell him and he is 100% supportive. I got lucky there.

The next step? Telling family and friends. I'm so nervous about this. I do not know what my mom will say and she's the most open minded person I know. I've got a gay cousin and a transgender cousin (male to female) so she may barely blink at this. Who knows? My dad probably will not accept it. My husband's family will have a mixed reaction. Most of my friends will accept it. It's just hard to come up with a way to come out. Or should I not tell some people?

I'm kind of stuck.

#1 prettypixie, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Jhilde137

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What is the rush I am going to let everything settle down before I "tell the world" that I am bisexual I just told my wife a few weeks ago I felt the need as well but I am glad I waited because she is coming up with trust and embarrassment issues now I will wait until she is really comfortable with me than I will tell the world.

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2016 at 02:13 PM ----------

What is the rush I am going to let everything settle down before I "tell the world" that I am bisexual I just told my wife a few weeks ago I felt the need as well but I am glad I waited because she is coming up with trust and embarrassment issues now I will wait until she is really comfortable with me than I will tell the world.:bang:

---------- Post added 25th Jul 2016 at 02:15 PM ----------

Sorry for the double reply still trying to figure out how this website works

3. prettypixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I'm telling everyone at once. That's just too much. I'm going slow with it.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do it~! (*hug*)

5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I picked 2 myself, one friend and one family, both I knew would be accepting of me, and it felt amazing and freeing and also caused me to have a panic attack for the first time in my life... I say, take it slow, get used to the idea yourself, figure out what your plan is for home life, and when your both ready, cause this may affect how others treat him as well. Go for it. Congrats as well.