1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going on a 2 man holiday and thinking about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pestjohnbuda, Jul 25, 2016.

1. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

So I'm 17, and I guess for sure bisexual. I am keeping this for myself for a long time now, and I'm even just about to leave from home to go on a holiday with a good friend of mine. I've been wondering for a while, but would it be a good idea to tell him while we're on holiday? I am almost sure he will be accepting, but we sleep in the same room etc, should that be a problem do you think? I don't see him a lot, mostly only once a month, and I think I should tell it in person, what do you think? This would be my first step in coming out, and I'm pretty nervous for it. Thanks :slight_smile:

2. tommylee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like if he is going to be accepting you should go for it. If he's your friend he will accept you for you.

When I told my best friend it took him 2 days to fully come round to the idea but I sat him down nd explained how it isn't choice. How I feel towards guy that I didn't girls. Then he realised I'm the exact same person regardless. It took him 2 days to start joking with me about it.

But if you really trust this friend I say go for it. You will be happy to have told someone and to have someone to talk things through the with.

Also it will be so hard to tell the first person but it is so worth it. The first time my aunt found out I cried so hard not because I was sad but because I made such a big deal in my head about it all.

But good luck with whatever decision you choose. ��

#2 tommylee, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If he's a good friend and you figure he will be accepting then go for it.

The only problem I can really forsee telling him while on this trip, as it's just the two of you and with your sleeping arrangements, is he may feel like your telling him you want him, and on this trip. If he's unsure or uncomfortable with that..... It could possiblly be very, very awkward. Or very good if that's what you were thinking. He's going to be kind of cornered, from what I've seen a lot of people(who have been come out too) need a bit of time or space to think about what they were just told to process the situation. And he won't be able to do that.

4. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for both your replies! :slight_smile: And, I agree, that was what I was thinking. Maybe it would be best to tell it on the last day, as we then don't sleep in the same room anymore. Or maybe tell it another time, I'll probably see him soon as we have vacation here. Does anyone have any tips for how to bring it up? I appreciate it :slight_smile:

5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've only told 3 people now, and one of them was my wife, and both the others new something was going on, anyone that knows us, can tell something is wrong. So it was kinda easy, actually. Honesty and straight forward is usually the best way. In my experience anyway.