1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think this was clear?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I was talking to a vague friend (not a very close friend, but I like her fine) during PE and I mentioned I had met some of my older brother's friends. She asked if there were any fit ones and after hesitating a little I said yes. She asked what the fit ones were called and I hesitated some more but I considered it and then I thought, what the hell. So I said "The fit one was called Deborah." She seemed a little suprised but fine about it, and asked what she looked like. I was feeling suddenly really embarrassed and nervous inside and I was shaking, so I just said "Short. I can't really remember," and then changed the topic.

Do you think from that my friend would think "OK, maybe Helena likes girls", or do you think she'd just think "Umm, that was wierd. She must have been joking." That is, do you think that was a clear suggestion or too random to count as a coming out?

I don't know why, it really rattled me up. It went great and was a good coming out, if it can be counted as such, but it just really knocked me for a loop today. I guess I just haven't come out to anybody for a while so I'm not used to it at the moment. I thought I was more confident than that, but I started shaking and feeling really nervous. I suppose I'm still scared of telling people. >.<

2. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think she may have gotten the hint. But it's not really your responsibility for others to get it.

Just be yourself. If everyone see you've no problem with it (which, in my opinion, one shouldn't,) others will tend to act the same way.

The shakes come with the territory. I still get them from time to time depending on the situation.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Yeah, it was probably because you weren't quite ready. Maybe in theory but if you shake like that it may mean that you're still not up to the correct level of confidence but if you keep coming out I'm sure it will disappate. And if you said that to me, I'd definitely think you're a lesbo. Lol That would be more than a hint, especially if she was asking about guys. If I did that with a guy friend of mine he'd go "Wow. You're so gay."