1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just feel like I'm losing it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hidden Angel, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I am so tired that my eyes physically hurt and I have headaches really often-like every second day but no matter how tired I am I have heaps of trouble getting to sleep at night.
    When I'm not feeling upset or angry I just feel numb, like I'm running on autopilot but I think the only reason i feel this way is that everything has got so bad that i can't deal with it and shut down.

I just feel like I'm completely losing it and I don't know what to do. Please help.

2. ArabMan

Listen to me: the solution to your problems is a meditating stimulating body activity. Yoga yoga and yoga should do the job :slight_smile:

Even if you've never tried it or think it's not made for you or you don't have the body, just tried it 3 times and get back to me with the results :slight_smile:

I garantee you they'll be positive.

3. katie

(*hug*) hey. what uve put sounds like what im feeling like atm. maybe u could go and c ur doc? (its whats been suggested to me, but i havent found the courage to go yet, so i dont really know how helpful s/he can be)

yea, yoga could work really well, its meant to totally relax u isnt it? maybe try to find some other relaxing excerisies?

moaning to someone, a close friend can also help. just being able to share ur problems can make u feel much better and lighter.

hope this helps.much love
    x(*hug*)

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey (*hug*)

I think most people have felt like that at some point even if only for a brief time and one thing I can promise you is that it will get better.
    If you want someone to talk to you can post on my wall or pm me ill be only too happy to listen (*hug*).
    All of the things the other people have mentioned should help, but I think a lot of it is about finding something that is right for you. When I get really stressed, angry, upset or all of them together I also find it really hard to express myself, so I like to write things down, its maybe not as good as talking to someone but its easier, sometimes I write poems about how I feel, and other times I just write down what it is im upset or angry about. Identifying the causes can be the first step in solving them, but you just have to take it a little step at a time. When you have got to the point where you feel like you cant deal with it anymore you cant try and fix it all in one go because it becomes insurmountable. Before you try and sleep try listening to some calm soothing music and just letting go of all the thoughts in your head.
    But please talk to someone here, it doesnt have to be me, but im sure we can help or at least make you feel better (*hug*)

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Are you eating right and exercising? Yoga is an excellent idea. If you can't do that, just try to go for a walk each day. It not only helps you physically but its also a type of meditation where you can sort out your problems. You also need to go to bed at the same time each night if you can. That way your body gets used to knowing when its supposed to sleep. Don't drink any caffeine in the evenings either.

EC is always here to help you sort out your problems. (*hug*)

6. Peter76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with Beckyg. Eating a good diet and doing some physical exercise will really help. Ive started walking more and playing badminton and its really helping my mental health/mood too, which also helps me sleep. If you are worrying or anxious about particular things in the evening, you could try writing them down on paper before you go to sleep, as a way of getting them out of your mind. Taking a bath in the evening can help too, and try to avoid TV last thing at night.

It might be a good idea to talk to your doctor/GP. If you are unsure how to explain things, write it down, and hand it to the doctor for him/her to read.

Taling to someone will definitely help. Try opening up to a friend, to your friends here on EC or if you prefer someone on a LGB helpline. Sometimes talking to someone who is not known to you can really help.

Hope this is some help, take care,

Peter x

7. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Hey um thanks for the advice everyone, I thinks my diet is pretty good and although I don't do a lot of exercise I do go for quiet a few walks mainly just because it gets me out of the house because it always feels too suffocating being around my parents. I don't drink caffeine full stop because I hate coffee and we never have coke - I mainly drink herbal teas so I don't think that is a problem. I used to do yoga but that seems to have stopped because I find I don't have time for it anymore. As for talking to some one I do talk to the guidance counselor at school but lately I've been there so often I feel like a pain plus I'm not very good at putting things into words. I'm better at writing things down but it ends up really, really long, like 7 double sided pages long and I don't feel like I should make her read all that. But if I write stuff down and don't share it with some one it just seems to make me obsess over it more because it's there in writing and I tend to read over it.