1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna tell a friend tonight, freaked out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stewie, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We actually made a plan. Lol. He's been my good friend since grade 2, we were inseparable all through primary and secondary school, then well life happens we kinda went our own ways, but we have always stayed in contact and have always been friends.

I mentioned him in a thread about people claiming acceptance actually, some dude was contradicting himself, going on about how he doesn't care etc etc then in the next breath something totally homophobic, and my buddy went off on him pointing out his false statements, his own contradictions. Anyway he's totally hetero, I know this, he's a brother as far as I'm concerned, no attraction, nothing like that. But we have been hanging out quite a bit this last few months, he just split from his live in girlfriend, they each had kids from prior marriages, it's a total mess. They planned last Thursday for her to actually move out, he took the day off work, had extra help.... Then he got home from work Wednesday and his whole place was cleaned out... She even took most of the food... Some of his personal stuff... It's bad.

I should probably say he is our friend, we all went to school together and she knows him almost as good as I do.
    But we are going over to his place to at least explain that we are separating, but... I'm honestly not ready to tell anyone else, it's only been a week since I came out to my wife, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle the "you guys will work it out" "some time apart and you will see you are meant for each other" and other such comments I know for a fact he will say. It's been hard enough hearing those ones from other family and friends (that only know we are separating, not the reason why, which is I think I'm gay)[about 90% sure rate now]

So I'm thinking I'm just going to tell him the whole truth. Almost positive he will be accepting, maybe 90% sure it won't change our friendship, positive that he will keep the knowledge to himself, still freaking out though.... It's the "what if" ... He's gonna know soon enough I'm sure, might as well be tonight.

Wish me luck. :eek::eek::eek:

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2016 at 05:18 PM ----------

Holy crap that is long. Sorry I have a tendancy to ramble in conversations but in type I think I'm worse...

2. Silver Sparrow

Good luck! I really hope that it goes well for you. Let us know how it goes.

3. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Went as expected. Great. All is good and I'm a lucky man to have an understanding and loving wife and friend. Feel like running out and telling the world now, but I'm going with baby steps, one at a time as long as there forward. (&&&)

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Awww, good job hun! I'm so so glad it went well <3