1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

we're moving in together.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hairdye, Mar 14, 2009.

1. hairdye

so, i'm going to be moving in with this guy i like.
    theres definitely chemistry, but we haven't seen each other for a while.
    we've just been texting. he was my valentine and we talk ALL THE TIME.

so obviously, i like him. i like him a lot though.
    i'm usually permiscuous, but not with him. he asked me to send him nudes one night, and i said no, cause i don't want to reduce what we have to that.

mind you that is the first time i EVER said no to something sexual. [call me a whore, go ahead.]
    and when he first suggested we be roommates. i said no way.
    i told him we could not have a successful roommate relationship with the attraction between us.

but i've changed my mind since then, because
    but now, i'm thinking i'm setting myself up for rejection. i'm not his type at all.
    he likes fit masculine guys. i'm not really either. so i'm detaching myself.
    i've put it in my mind, that nothing will go further with us, and we might as well be roommates.

but idk. what if i can't? what if i get jealous?
    but i need a roommate and it's happening soon. it's pretty much happening regardless of what i think now. "/

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

If you wanna have a jolly ol fuck, then do it. But since he will be your new roommate, make sure feelings don't develop. And if he has a BF, try not to get too whorish and I'm sure you'll both be fine. :wink: Oh, and give'em an Ambercrombie/Fitch cataloge--plenty of boyfriend material guys in there!!

3. hairdye

...ummm. i don't want a jolly ol' bang from him.
    that was kind of the point of the post. as is i think i might get jealous if he got another guy, so why would i give him a catalogue with other hot guys?

that post didn't really make sense, at all. "/

4. Greggers

Well, he seems to like you, maybe not as a BF but he likes you. I think that you might want to try this. It may blossom into something, or he might find another guy. If your worried about being jealous of another guy, dont. You may get jealous, but its definitly something a person can overcome.

The way i see it, one of two things happens:

- You get a REALLY good friend and room mate
    - You get a REALLY good boyfriend and room mate

So i think either way it should work out, and as you said you really need a room mate and hes right there waiting. Maybe its a sign. Cause like you said, you dont know what will happen until you try.

Jealously may hurt, but the wondering of what may have come if you DONT go for it could be just as bad.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Oh sorry. I misread it. XD I thought you were jealous of a relationship or something or just wanted to make the sex casual and fun. My bad. Two gay guys can live together, but drama is bound to appear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But as Greg said, either outcome will most likely be beneficial.

6. hairdye

your probably right. i suppose i should just go in with an open mind. and whatever happens, happens.