1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know if you really like someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justinishere, Mar 14, 2009.

1. justinishere

Ok..ok.. I know its kind of a dumb question but I am really starting to think I like this guy. Everytime I see him I just stop and smile... and I guess stare :icon_redf And then in the class I have with him I am always looking across the room at him and just kind of go into my own dream.

Is this a good sign that I like the guy?

How do you really know if you like a guy or not?

Help would be nice! Thanks :slight_smile:

2. limfjord96

sounds like you do to me buddy....i see guys all the time that i second glance at, but have all the symptoms of a crush. If it hurts when you think about them and arent with them, or if you go to sleep and find yourself thinking about them and cant sleep...thats a crush....welcome to the CRUSH club :wink:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no magical line to cross. You don't have to score a 60 or above on the "do I like him?" test. You just have to like him enough to do something about it. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the sounds of it, I'd say you do :slight_smile: If the person's on your mind a lot, if thinking about him makes you smile, if you just want to be around him, then I'd say that's a crush.

5. justinishere

Thank you both! :slight_smile:

I guess I do like him.... it just hurts to see him with a girlfriend :frowning2:

6. Kirakishou

Aw, what a bummer.(*hug*)

7. Eleanor Rigby

Ouch ! It remembers me one of my big crush when I was a fresher in college...
    Take care, Eleanor (*hug*)

8. tm74

tm74 Guest

I'm developing crushes all over the place at the moment - although it's pretty much anyone who'll speak to me (and yes, many of those people are in relationships, be they straight or gay). I'm so desperate for friends around my own age, and I just don't know how to go about finding some new friends and stabiising myself emotionally.

In your case however, yes this does sound like a crush - you see something in that person that attracts you...

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Most likely. If you stop doing what you normally do during the day and suddenly think about him there's a good chance, yes. I didn't know what the hell those feelings were a few of the times and I just wondered "God, what the hell? Why would I randomly think about some dude I passed by so long ago?" The reason? A crush. If this person won't leave your mind then you're probably crushing on him a little bit. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If all you want to do is be around him, help him, and ect. then you're definitely crushin'.

10. olides84

I'm not sure what the difference between crushing and liking, or liking and "really liking." But from where I sit, really liking someone is more than just admiring, or crushing from across a classroom. It's talking to them (and having them talk back!), sharing something, and ultimately really knowing them at some level. After that happens and you are attracted, then you can get to the "really like" level. At least to me.

11. justinishere

I absolutly get what you are saying. I'm still new at my school so I will have to make sure that I get to know him better :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone for their advice! (*hug*)

12. WhiteFox

WhiteFox Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    old thread and a little late sry but for me I know I like someone when there is no second guessing. I Broke up with a guy recently because I was constantly wondering if it was right or not. When you like someone there is no second guessing your actions you just know. at least for me that is.

Fox