1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 16 Indian m, Aug 2, 2016.

1. 16 Indian m

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am 16 year old boy who just finished school. I knew i was gay from 2 years but i have not come out of the closet. My parents have been discussing about my future wife (not seriously, but jokingly cause now i will join college and have a gf, but they dont know i am gay). I am confused whether i should come out to them or not. I am afraid if i come out, They might behave in a different way cause they will be completely shocked and i dont know if they are homophobic or not. What should i do?

2. Angellyoso

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there!

These are my points on what you should do before coming out:

1.) Make sure you're financially stable.
    2.) Is there anyone that knows you're gay? Best Friend, anyone, etc? At least one person needs to know about your sexuality in order to help support you whenever you have difficulties with your sexuality.
    3.) How about asking your parents on their opinion on the LGBT topic? This will most likely help you determine whether they're homophobic or not.

These are the best tips I can think of. I, myself, am also not out to my family.
    I hope my tips helped you! :slight_smile: