1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to tween aged siblings?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kj802, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Kj802

Okay so I'm out to everyone I want to be out to before I come out openly, except my siblings. Both my brother and sister (twins), are almost 14 and I'm not sure how to come out to them. My brother thinks more about world issues than my sister as far as I can tell. But I'm really not sure of his position on the LGBT community. My sister on the other hand has little knowledge of anything bigger than her own life, she isn't at the stage where world issues have a huge bearing on her life. Both are kind of under the influence of my parents whom have brought them up with conservative Christian beliefs.
    My goal is to be out to them by or just after New Years. This is because I wish to come out at the beginning of next year openly; I will have finished school and can stay away from the toxic people etc.
    I just don't know how to tell them.

2. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My 18 year old brother has autism, so I can kinda relate to you situation. While I haven't came out to him as bi yet, I can give you some advice. First off, it's gonna be okay. No matter what. Second, I'd recomend coming out to your worldly minded brother first. Then wait a few days to let him process. Then come out to you naive (apologies if offended) sister after. If the twins are really close then I would have your bro there when you tell her.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2016 at 07:06 PM ----------

I'd also recomend telling you're parents in advance that you're going to come out to your siblings.

3. Kj802

Yea My parents know.
    And no offence taken.
    Part of me wants to get my parents to tell them. But I won't for various reasons.
    I agree when you say to tell my brother first. I just have no idea how I would tell them. I can't do it face to face.