1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i come out while confused?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Emmabi, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Emmabi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi! So I'm a bit confused about my sexuality. I am pretty sure I am bisexual but I don't know for sure. I know I am not ready to tell my dad yet since he is religious and doesn't just want me to marry just a guy, but a JEWISH guy. But I think I want to tell my mom. I dont know how she'll react, but I know she will accept me. Yet, I don't know if it's the right time. I'm only 13 so it might just be a "phase" to her. Should I tell her even though I don't know? Or should I wait until I know for sure. And if i should say it now, any tips on how to explain it to her? (i have already told my friends who are all closeted. One is gay, and 2 of them are bi).

2. YeeBoady

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would say wait until you feel that it is the right time. If the time never comes up just live your life as you would, and when push comes to shove they will see you for you.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would not suggest coming out with a specific label if you're not sure yet, but if you want to talk to someone about it in person (your mother, or otherwise), you could certainly come out as not straight, or questioning. :slight_smile: