1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When coming out to people, what is the best way to say it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sapphiregirl, Aug 5, 2016.

1. sapphiregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    In your opinion, what is the best thing to say? In the past, I've said... "I'm gay", "I'm not into guys", and "I only like girls".

Yesterday, my coworker asked me if I had a boyfriend, and for some reason my response was, "uh, no... I bat for the other team, if you know what I mean." She understood me, and took it well, but I don't know why I said that silly euphamism now. I should've just said I'm gay. I guess it's still scary saying it out loud to people sometimes. I dunno.

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as your honest, it doesn't really matter, I've actually been just waiting for a chance to use that one "batting for the other team" I like it, it's casual, can be funny in the right context. I've used "joined the dark side" just in conversation, not when coming out to someone, but it got a few laughs, in the context I used it. If it's friends, or coworkers, there's no need to get all serious about it, humor is a good way to let them know. In my opinion.