1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my lesbian friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by YeeBoady, Aug 5, 2016.

1. YeeBoady

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This probably seems silly, because I am sure that she will accept me. The problem is when I went to tell her I completely locked up and began having an anxiety attack. I feel so foolish and silly. I still have a lot of self identifying to do, but I want her to know for support. I am going to try again during our bike ride we are going on later tonight.

Edit #1: My first attempt was at the mall and we were about 45minutes away from home and in the process I literally felt like I was going to pass out. I have never felt that way before and it scared me.

#1 YeeBoady, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. confusedbubble

How's about writing a note and passing her it before your bike ride tell her to open it when you next stop (maybe arrange a stop after about 1 mile)

Maybe you could just put something like "I want to tell you but I'm struggling to tell you I'm gay (or not straight however you want to put it) I want to say it loud to you but froze up"
    That way you can't get out of it and even if you don't have a stop she will still get to read it