1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi and in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RavenPond, Aug 6, 2016.

1. RavenPond

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No one knows that I'm bi except for my therapist and I told her I didn't want to tell anyone. I go to a Catholic school, and a lot of people from school Whenever I think about coming out, I get really, really nervous and sometimes cry. I just want to have some advice about how to deal with staying in the closet.

2. Mcleodra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ya, me too. I'm bi.

3. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    First, being bisexual, gay or anything isn't bad.

I'm not catholic by myself, but I'm bi and trying to help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

AFAIK, being bisexual and catholic can get along nicely.

If you ever want to come out, tell your family, your best friends, but I recommand to not tell the most die-hard catholics you know, they could react badly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For crying when you think about it, I have a special manner to get with it. If you are sad, be really sad, go and externalize everything, you'll feel way better after it.

If you want to get help about that, I'd recommand for you to come out and talk about it with supportive people, or anyone on EC.

But if you want to stay in the closet, that's your decision and everyone on EC is here to support you :grin:

I think that's all, don't be afraid to ask questions :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. RavenPond

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you all so much!(*hug*)

5. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not catholic & I came out just now, tough time. It'd have been 50 times tougher if we were religious. My wife made it possible for me to go on. SHE WAS AMAZING.

6. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem, if you want any help or if you have any questions, don't be shy to post or PM, I'll do my best to answer :grin:

7. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Living the closet life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You have more bravery than me telling your therapist..

I wish all the best for you..

8. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can understand your position on wanting to stay low on the radar. These days it is hard to judge how people will react to things. But even the devote can be rather supportive. Just watch how they react to things carefully and you might be surprised that there are people you know who might be quietly supportive, but are afraid to vocally admit it to the masses.

Just hang in there and know it gets better. It might take a little longer than you want, but it will get better.

9. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i go to a Catholic school too so i know how you feel. It can be frustrating staying in the closet and hiding yourself. My advice is to maybe bring up an lgbt celebrity or something and see how your friends react. Just because they are religious it doesn't mean they hate lgbt people. But always make sure you feel comfortable before telling people.

I was talking about my sexuality at school the other day with my friend and i got scared once i realised that the head of the religious department was near us and may have heard. A couple of days later i found out that she's a lesbian. So you never know, just because your school is Catholic, doesn't mean they aren't accepting. :slight_smile: