1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musiclife, Aug 6, 2016.

1. musiclife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My relationship with my mom is really good. I tell her everything but I can't get myself to tell her I'm gay. I think she already knows though. I mean, I have showed no interests in any guys in a couple years, I cut my hair like a dude, and I wear guys clothing. Now I know that this doesn't automatically mean I'm gay and you shouldn't look at someone and automatically assume shit, but I mean, I look like a semi-butch lesbian. Anyway, I fee like, as my mother, she knows me well enough to catch onto the fact that I'm gay. Even though she may already know, I'm still scared to come out to her. I know she won't flip out and kick me out or some shit like that. I don't know if she'll necessarily accept it though. I really just don't know what to do.

2. SecretLilCj21

Okay well first you should test the waters about everything, maybe bring up lgbt news, or anything of the sort to see her reaction. You don't have to necessarily come out or "show" any signs that you mean it to have any relations to yourself, just kind of throw it out there over dinner or something. Based on her reaction you can figure out what to do from there.

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the post above definitely has some good ideas in it.