1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musiclife, Aug 6, 2016.

1. musiclife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My relationship with my mom is really good. I tell her everything but I can't get myself to tell her I'm gay. I think she already knows though. I mean, I have showed no interests in any guys in a couple years, I cut my hair like a dude, and I wear guys clothing. Now I know that this doesn't automatically mean I'm gay and you shouldn't look at someone and automatically assume shit, but I mean, I look like a semi-butch lesbian. Anyway, I fee like, as my mother, she knows me well enough to catch onto the fact that I'm gay. Even though she may already know, I'm still scared to come out to her. I know she won't flip out and kick me out or some shit like that. I don't know if she'll necessarily accept it though. I really just don't know what to do.

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The questions is not if she knows or not. The real question is what is her attitude to LGBT people & issues.
    If she has no problem with you being ' bit butch ' she will probably have no problem with you gay.
    If she is the kind of mum that loves you no matter what,she'll just hug you. If not be careful.

Wishing you all the best.

(*hug*)

3. logansarah

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would ask her option on something LGBT that you had heard and based on her opinion decide what to do next.

4. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I'm wondering is how she feels about LGBT issues. But the fact she let you cut your hair and wear androgynous clothing is probably a good sign. I have some friends who have parents who won't let them do that. But just remember that you can take your time, you don't have to tell her now. Just tell your mom when you feel ready.