1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont know what to do .

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alextiago, Aug 7, 2016.

1. alextiago

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi everyone :slight_smile: hope everyone is fine. So, last sunday I was talking with my mom about dyeing my hair...well, I started this conversation because I was trying to leave some hits about me being gay (Im a bit stupid I know..but well..) when I said "I would like to dye my hair some day" she said to me: " no, I will not have faggs in my house" ...well I was pretty shocked actually...I almost start crying.

Maybe its my fault and I shouldnt even started this stupid conversation but..I dont know what to do . Everyday I try to think how to tell her Im gay, but I cant. This is driving me crazy!!! Literally! I cant think in anything else besides this!

Thank you for reading and sorry about my bad english, its not my first language.

Have a great day!

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are u still living at home ? If you are and that's her stance on LGBT people then you better wait until your out on your own and financialy stable to tell her. Be prepared for the worst, hope for the best.

If you are already out on your own, then it's a tough call, it depends on a lot of things, whether you "need" to tell her, if you could accept a full rejection or not, if you could accept your family finding out. And then on the other hand, maybe she would be accepting, without knowing many more details about her and your situation the question is in your hands.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Stewie. But, if you were to tell her, do you think you could handle the backlash? If not, then it's probably best for you to tell her after you move out.

It's not your fault, if anything, you made some progress. You now have an idea on what she thinks of gay people and can figure out a way to approach her now. But, in honesty, I'd try to learn more about her thoughts on the topic so you can get a more clearer picture to look at.

Good luck!