1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Loneliness

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Mar 15, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

So for the past two weeks I must have cried every day at some point even over some of the stupidest things. Thats about the time its been since I broke up with my ex. I have been seeing a guy even during the period I was dating my ex to the present and I don't see myself making that a relationship either. To add to that all my friends, the little I have, have blown me off and no longer even attempt to see me. I am alone. Clubs aren't helping because people rarely want to hang out outside of them with me and other people I meet at clubs just want to sleep with me.

I hate being in college too and I have no idea what to do to help me overcome my loneliness

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Why? Why did they blow you off? Are you openly gay or kinda straight?

3. olides84

I'm wondering if this is just a result of major lifestyle changes you've been through. Have you been going overboard on the dating/relationships/club scene since you've come out and been back at school? And maybe all that at the expense of enjoying college or keeping in touch with your friends. I know sometimes that when people get really into their dating life it leaves friends a little put off and it's hard to focus on anything else. Not saying you are doing that or your friends are that way, just a thought. Maybe the answer is to think about your priorities in life, or how to balance dating, college, friends, etc.

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

No my bf and I became long distance and my friends actually blew me off first. I can balance, but part of me wonders if its about me coming out, I'm not openly out to everyone I might add. Gays dislike me more then straights, I have yet to understand why.

5. EM68

Do you think you might have come out to people too quickly? Also are you over your ex? Maybe for now with the guy you are seeing take it slow. Get to know him then see what happens.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

I asked you a question silly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Are you 'straight'? (as in most gay guys cant tell you're gay?) A lot think I'm homophobic or get offensive if I look at them like im some crazed churcher with a pitch fork lol.

7. Bryan44

Hey, sorry that you are feeling lonely. (*hug*) It sounds like you have been going through a lot the last couple of weeks. Just hang in there, we at EC are all here for you.
    Hope things start to look up for you soon.

8. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Thanks guys and most gays think I'm a straight prick, unless they see me dance, which is a dead give away I'm not.

9. Bryan44

Lmao, this happens to me ALL the time, even last night actually. And gay people seem to really dislike me too :frowning2:

10. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

There's your problem. It's mine too. Lol I am 'too straight' for some gay guys. One even said he thought it was offensive for me to live the way I do and I should 'gay up'. I was like...wtf? And an argument erupted that is too verbal for EC. xD

11. EM68

Is there a reason for this? Are you a straight acting gay? I am very straight acting and I have yet to have a problem. Maybe you are hanging out with just the wrong group of gay people.

12. Greggers

I dont see how being a "straight" acting or "gay" acting homosexual has to do with this?

Anyways, im sorry about your boyfriend (*hug*) but maybe the clubs are not the best place to be hitting up so much when your going through things like this? I know they must make you feel almost more lonely because its not going to be easy to connect to people on deep levels there. Maybe there is a more...subtle...place you can try out? Like a gay pub or something? Less sexual tension, more chat people up? That might help you feel less alone :slight_smile: Make some new friends, maybe meet a new boyfriend.

But honestly, ANYONE who cares about what kind of a gay you are so much that it defines who you can or cannot socialize, hang out with, be around or date is just being stupid. I dont like a guy because of what category he is under, and most people would say the same thing. Its all about the person. No one can perfectly be sorted into category's. Like the signature above, "Labels are for cans of tuna. not people".

13. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

There are no pubs of that sort here. Most people know I don't get along with many my age now cause I've been through alot and seen too much and have grown up too fast. As for clubbing I enjoy dancing, but it's usually alone on one of those blocks, I prefer it then people asking me for sex...

14. Mr Bojangles

Loads hate me cos I'm against the whole 'fabulous' thing. I know how you feel though with the whole not meeting people. Straight people find my character bizzare and interesting, but most of the gay people here are very shallow, and seeing as i'm butt ugly, I don't get a look-in.

15. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

From your avatar you don't look ugly.

16. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey bitter edge
    I'm so sorry the way things are going at the moment. But I think at times like this you just to scrap the slate clean and start a new day like its your first.

It sounds like you are desperate to get to know more people and make new friends. So what are your interests and hobbies? Why dont you join a club or society (it doesnt necessarily need to be via your college, there are loads in the community...if you search for them). That way you will meet new people that have similar interests to yourself.

With respect to your current friends, who you feel are ignoring you. Friendship works both ways and sometimes you need to make a bit of effort to keep in contact with your mates. I'm not sure what the situation is exactly with them. If they are avoiding you because of your sexuality...well then screw them. They dont deserve your friendship if they are uncomfortable with who you are.

I know how hard it is for you at the moment...but hang in there buddy, it will get better.

17. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Everything and nothing at all. Some gay guys dislike 'straight' gays. And some 'straight' gays dislike flamers and queens. I can attest to that very easily. And the dynamic is very different depending on the person.

18. Greggers

Off-topic, oh well...

See that just makes me sad :frowning2: There is little to NO reason to not like each other. I may not preferably want to have a relationship with a "straight" gay just because of who i am attracted to, but that does not mean in any way shape or form i should dislike them. There is really NOOO reason to, on either side. Its not like being around each other will change us, hurt us, or impact us in any positive way.

19. Mr Bojangles

I agree fully, but there are some boys who are very narrow minded like that :/