1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to live alone without your parents the gay life safely ?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by joshy the queen, Aug 9, 2016.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SOOOOOOOOOO
    soon i might well i will im so optimistic about it,go to college in the states or canada ,either is heaven for me as a queen video game designer (future designer :eusa_danc)
    but anyway i know i will make it big and i know i will be something special but......
    I LOVE MY PARENTS
    well my mom is the one i love most,she is so nice,even though she is all against the whole gay thing and comes off really angry when we argue about it ,i can see where she is coming from ,as one who is really 100% into god and stuff she believes i won't enter heaven and is scared for me if anything,i know she tries to be as nice as she can
    ok bottom line is,how can I go live my life without making her sick to death,she is already filled with sicknesses and diseases from my dad's not so good treatment,and well i don't want if anything to hurt her,her feelings and her beliefs,i respect her she brought me up so good,she is really the best mom to me,i wish she treats me like those moms who love having a gay son,i beg her to go with me to a make up store,or to do a makeover for her,but she gets so uncomfortable if i liked those things which hurts me because those mean the most for me that's how i connect,it might be simple but its for me so important ,her rejecting those things is just killing me
    but yet lets leave all those things
    and ask the big question
    HOW can i go there and be myself and still get in contact with her without ruining anything in her life

i know its so stupid me asking this and i know many will read and not answer laughing at me wanting to bring a mother who falls deeply into rules of the 1st century and keep her close to him ,but i think mothers are the best thing of the world :icon_sad:

2. alainbeaux

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can really relate to your predicament. As a gay man myself, I also have a great relationship with my mother, but am struggling to work up the courage to come out to her. I also am trying to figure out how I can live my own life away from home without hurting my parents.

I've only been a member of this community for a week, but believe me, just because people read your story and don't respond doesn't mean they're laughing at you! I think a lot of people read posts and don't respond because they don't feel like they're at the point where they can offer helpful advice of their own. They're probably looking for consolation. Reading stories like yours makes other people, like myself, who are going through a similar situation, feel like they aren't alone in dealing with this kind of problem. Just because they don't respond doesn't mean they don't respect you or appreciate you sharing your story. Since I'm completely closeted myself at this point, I feel the amount of advice I can offer is very limited. I don't feel comfortable giving you a big piece of advice on how to deal with this since I'm going through something very similar in wanting to live the life I want so badly while also not disappointing or upsetting my parents. Maybe if your mother sees how happy you are in your life she will come to understand you better. I think things like this take time. I know what it's like having your mother be one of the people in life who give you the most joy, but also can make you feel alone and frustrated. We all have to live our own lives some day, and we can only hope that our mothers will be there to back us up when we need it. As long as you feel your mother will be there for you to offer you support no matter what you're going through that's what counts. I don't know if that helps much, but I want to let you know you're not alone in this type of struggle. It's a tough road to navigate. I really hope everything works out for you!