1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out Online

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Belle the Bee, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure if anyone else feels similarly, but this is something that I've just pinpointed and I'm not sure if its positive or negative... As a teenager who has been exposed to the internet/social media throughout my entire "coming out experience", I've realized that this has brought a new aspect to my openness about my sexuality. I've had several online-only friendships that were formed due to sexuality, I'm openly gay on several of my accounts (with followers being people I don't know) , I've come out to some of my closest friends via text... all this has helped me internally accept my sexuality, but because "I'm gay" is always something I've typed and the reactions I've received are mainly on-screen, I have a more difficult time saying "I'm gay". The words get stuck in my throat & I get nervous, something that is virtually non-existent behind the screen. So how do I become more comfortable with physically talking to people about my sexuality? How do I say "I'm gay" and not just type it?
    Thanks

2. SecretLilCj21

Yes, I actually feel quite similar, it's as if the internet wasn't really pushed into our lives, but merely welcomed by everyone to share on. I would recommend saying it to your mirror/reflection just over and over again each day "I'm gay" until you feel comfortable with saying it.

#2 SecretLilCj21, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016