1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fallendream, Mar 16, 2009.

1. fallendream

on psp so cant type much. wen peeple try 2 talk 2 me about being gay i cant open up. help?

2. kramer362

the more you talk about it the more comfortable you will be. And even faking that you're comfortable talking about it helps, cause your friends see that and it makes them more comfortable asking questions or mentioning it. Their comfort with it makes you more comfortable for real.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As kramer362 said, the more you talk about being gay, the more you will become comfortable about it. Try seeing it as any other conversation that you have with your friends. Try to see it as a normal conversation topic. That said, it will take a bit of time to get used to it because you are sharing something that is very personal.

4. Kirakishou

This is something I need to practice as well. But I keep worrying that I'm bringing it up too much and somebody would just go, "Ok, I get it, you're gay. You don't need to keep reminding us.":help:

5. Wall

Wall Guest

If your not ready to be known as gay, try taking it in steps? With friends and family its easier to start by saying, "I'm bi-sexual" or something like that. I find it is easier to say that then to say you are gay. Then you can get to the other half later :grin:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start by saying "I still have a tough time talking about this stuff, because I'm not used to it yet." That should make the rest of it easier.

Lex

7. jcoventry1

these guys are right, practice does make it easier, but at first it is very hard so try small steps and then build up as u go along. using the "im bisexual" to start with culd prove useful to start with, but i would try to progress from sooner rather than later to save confussion with people later on. also the fact your discussing on this site with strangers is a good step, practice talking about it with people on here.

8. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Hi,

I'm kinda with you on this, I've always had a problem opening up to people, not just about this but with most things. Not sure I'm in the right position to give you advice, but take it from me, talking here is really useful. I literally signed up yesterday, and I was feeling really messed up, but I got a few replies and it helped me realise I'm not alone. So maybe when you've got a bit more time, and a real computer (tried typing this on my iphone, not fun!), write a post with more info, and know that even if you find it hard to open up, most everyone here can relate to what you're experiencing. I'm much more calm now and it's only been 24 hrs since I joined.

Good luck