1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally came out to my older brother!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TanMan, Aug 13, 2016.

1. TanMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally, I feel like one set of weights is off my chest and shoulders. I finally told my older brother (25, almost 26) that "I am Gay." It was super hard to do, but it had to be done... Done for myself and truly accepting myself for who I am. It took like 10 years for me to truly accept who I am, and while I am sad, I feel so much more happier.

My older brother was kind of a homophobe a few years back. I always remember him saying things like, "if my future kids came out gay, I would kick them out." But then a couple years ago, one of his best friends came out gay. That kind of changed his views, and I'm glad. I feel so much better telling him. He's getting married in October and I'm one of his groomsman. I asked him if I was still going to be in the wedding after coming out to him, and he said, "of course, you're my brother."

Words cannot explain how happy I am.

However, I still need to come out to my parents and younger brother. I'm scared to tell them because I'm still in school (they pay) and I still live at home with them. I'm scared they will disown me or even kick me out. My older brother assured me they won't, except they may only react by crying.

For years, I tried to repress my feelings. But today, I truly feel like a proud member of the LGBTQ+ community (&&&)

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations .. that's a real achievement !!
    Well done :eusa_danc

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Big achievement, and I'm sincerely glad it went well for you. Keep up your amazing progress.