1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my family as genderfluid, how do I do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blusquib, Aug 17, 2016.

1. blusquib

My parents are fully aware of there being more than 2 genders...but my dad thinks the other genders are fake :slight_smile:dry:slight_smile:, and I'm just kinda scared about my mom. Thing is, I want to come out SO BADLY. :icon_sad: I don't know what to do, and I feel like I'm at a crossroads here. I'm afraid they'll say it's just a phase.
    Both of my brothers found out and one of them teased me for it while the other was just plain pissed (although he accepted it later on), and I had to tell the one who kept on teasing me that I thought I was female and all that crap just so he'd stop. Ugh. :tears:

I don't know what I should do...I want to come out to everyone, but I don't want then to think different of me, and I don't want my parents to kick me out of the house. What do I do? :help:

#1 blusquib, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. blusquib

Please guys...I need help with this...

3. gamergirl99

First take a deep breath. I understand how you feel. :'(

But as for coming out to your parents and brothers, first take your time. Think about how you're going to explain what's genderfluid. First you can say "I'm a genderfluid" and wait for their replies. After, you can explain what it is.

Make sure that you know that there will be opinions and your parents may be saying things you might not like. If they do, don't worry! Don't fight it. Understand that they don't understand entirely. Respect their opinions and then explain for yourself. Hopefully your brothers will stop teasing you. That's just rude. :'/ I wish you the best of luck! ;-; If you need any more help or have any questions, let me know. ^-^