1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning to come out this semester

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by djkanan95, Aug 17, 2016.

1. djkanan95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

I'm new to this sort of thing so I'll explain a little about myself. I'm 20 years old about to enter my junior year of college and I really want to come out as gay to everyone this semester before the year is over. Problem is, I have no idea how to go about it.

Okay, I had one idea which was to first tell the 4 friends (one of which is gay) who I trust more than anyone on this earth or my best friend and his family first. My best friend and I have drifted apart since high school but we are still kinda close. I really don't feel comfortable telling my family first because of my lack of courage, and my family situation is not the greatest at this point in time. Is there another way I should go about it because I really want to come out very soon. I feel like this is the year that I let everyone know so any help would be appreciated.

2. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off, congratulations on reaching this point. There's no right or wrong way to come out. Since you said your family situation is not the best I recommend coming out to your friends first. Specifically your gay friend first. He'll be the easiest to come out too. But don't rush into this. Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally in case somebody is not accepting. I wish you the best of luck. :grin: