1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by 2qt2bblond, Mar 17, 2009.

1. 2qt2bblond

So, i've got this crush on a girl who is probably the cutest thing ever. We flirt (in that way that girls talk to eachother) and we're friends, but not really close. I've never asked someone out and I feel like asking a girl out would be different than asking a guy out... I'm not even sure if she's gay. Any advice how I should ask/talk to her???

2. Alannah26

Well, what do you mean by asking her out? And if you're not sure if she's gay or not then I think it's not safe to ask her out in a way as in 'do you want to be my girlfriend'.
    You can start by casually asking her to go out together... like what friends do.
    But funny, I'm also in the same problem as you are right now. Except my crush knows I'm not straight... and it makes everything so much easier. I think she's straight but sometimes she gives me a feeling that she's bi-curious. Good advice: find out what her feelings are towards gay people, and then maybe tell her about yourself. (when youre ready)
    Good luck!

3. Mickey

I agree with Alannah. It's always good to know how someone feels about gay people.
    Then you'll know how far something can go. Good luck!

4. Courtneyyy

Well, you can invite her to hang out with you and some friends first. Simply as friends. Then you need to find out if she's gay or not. If she's straight, then you've got a new friends, if she's gay, then awesome for you.

5. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You can invite her to go do something with you...or you can be direct.

If you be direct it gives you an instant answer. And it can be very casual, so there's no tension and no hostility within you. If you beat around the bush and tell her, she may think you're seriously into her...like rapist in to her. Well, thats a little dramatic--but I'd just ask casually when no one else is around.

6. Alannah26

lol... rapist into her... haha.:roflmao:

Oh and about telling her ( I just did this recently), it needs a lot of courage, and you'll feel like a nervous wreck but after you tell her, it's really not as bad as you thought it would be. In fact, I had a really great day. :thumbsup: