1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BreakinDaylight, Aug 22, 2016.

1. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm considering telling my mom I'm trans.

I have literally no support, and it's messing me up. I feel so miserable and on the verge of tears all the time. I feel like such crap. Hiding that I'm trans is beginning to kill me.

I'm positive I'm transgender, but I still feel so much shame about myself. I can't come out without sobbing. I don't want my mom to think of my crying as me being not sure though, because I am 100% positive that I'm trans.

I'm in Color Guard (flags) though, and so I have to wear make up and a dress. I'm out to the team but they still treat me as female. :bang: I don't want my mom to use my "girly" hobby against me.

Is coming out because I really really really need support a good enough reason? I was going to wait until October (Color Guard season ends in October) but I don't know if I can wait that long.

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How is your mother going to react ? And is there a school councelor that you can trust, that you could talk to first, if your unsure about how she will react ?

3. BreakinDaylight

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure how my mom is going to react. I don't think she will react too negatively though.

I trust none of the school counselors nor do I want to miss class to go see one of them.

4. Goldensun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You need support. And you need someone who can help you find the kind of professional support a young person in your situation needs. If you think your mum will react positively, then you probably need to do it and be honest about your feelings and fears so she can understand and start looking for the support you need. Parents often don't know how to talk to their teenage kids but at the same time worry that their kids aren't talking to them.
    I hope you get the support you need and also the love and understanding from your mum that you need.