1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its been a long time coming...but its finally time...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Butterfly2016, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Butterfly2016

So, as I may have mentioned here before, my husband, in a way, kinda already knows I'm a lesbian. He won't say it directly though. He just jokes about it. But now...I'm finally ready to say it to his face. Now that I finally have a job, even though its slow going right now, I feel bold enough to go for it. But..I need help. Please, tell me how how to survive this...

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *Hugs* It'll be okay. He's your husband. He'll accept you. You married him for a reason, right? You have a job now; you are strong and capable and you are ready for this. I believe in you. :slight_smile:

3. Butterfly2016

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Thing is, I'm still gonna need help to survive alone for a while. My job isn't making me much right now. I hate the thought of having to ask for help when I'm in my late 20's...

4. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When you say you are going to tell him you are a lesbian, do you mean you are breaking up with him?

5. Butterfly2016

Possibly...cause lets face it, the poor guy has been through enough with me. We've had our share of fights. Some were pretty bad too. I know he'd rather be with someone who truly loves him. I have a special love for him though. Always will. He's become somewhat of a best friend to me over the years. And he's already said we will always be friends even if we were to divorce someday.