1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is coming out even a thing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by madonnafan, Aug 28, 2016.

1. madonnafan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I hate that coming out is a stage nearly every LGBT person goes through in their life. It makes expressing who you are seem like a confession. I wish I lived in the future, where no one cares/ being gay doesn't make you the black sheep.:bang::dry::

Thoughts?

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can see your point, though for a lot of people, coming out is expressing who they really are. Most people would otherwise assume you were straight, or whichever gender you were born. Sometimes people need to speak up for themselves, in order for change.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most people would assume you're straight or cis-gender like Linus said. It would be great if there was somehow a way where people just knew and you didn't have to confess anything. Or, if it was globally accepted as "normal", where you would just tell someone like you would an interest in a movie and they would just be like "cool".

#3 Blood Elf, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. GayPugs

When I came out to my mom, I was so scared she wouldn't accept me or she would say or do something to convince me that it's all a phase but after she accepted me, I started accepting myself. If I never came out, not only would I still have to live as a very sad girl but I might never have fully accepted myself.

5. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someday it will cease to be an issue, it will as simple as Coke or Pepsi, beef or chicken, I would love to live in that society, but sadly I don't think any of us will live long enough to see it.

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2016 at 05:22 PM ----------

^^
    O and Pugs rule !!!

6. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its a possibility that someday we could live in that society, When I was born in 1989 society's views on gay people were much worse, we have come a long ways in 26 years. I dont think its impossible that in another 26 years we could live in a society where people dont just assume you are straight when you are born. I do plan hopefully to still be alive in 26 years.

7. Darsch Hielle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish that EVERYONE had to come out. Like, sometime in everyone's life, they had to admit that they were straight, gay, bi, pan, or whatever, and then also if they were cis, trans, gender fluid, etc.