1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Coming Out Until I Have A Girlfriend..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 29, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

This is my personal choice but is it a good idea??

Recently, I just finally accepted that I am bisexual but I like women more and to tell you the truth some of my friends already know even before I finally accepted myself.. I told them don't worry...

I just don't think I will come out again to my parents until I actually have a girlfriend.. I think its because they already forgotten that I could like girls and I don't think they believe me so I think it would be better to wait until I am actually in a relationship with one..

Is this a good idea??

2. Bee12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey BookWriter, I'm exactly the same as you! I'm kinda putting off coming out to my parents until I get into a relationship so that they'll take me more seriously I guess? There's no rush coming out anyway so come out whenever you feel ready :slight_smile:

3. PerfectIllusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's my plan too. Mainly because I never talk about relationships and sex with my family, so it would be weird to just tell them straight away. I think introducing someone new in my life to them would be more natural to us.

And I agree with Bee12, there's no rush in coming out, do it when you feel ready. If you believe that waiting til you have a girlfriend will be better for you and for them, then I think it's probably a good idea.

4. BookWriter1994

I don't talk about that stuff with my parents either.. lol and thank you for your reply.

5. TheRealSlimDork

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All depends on your parent's personality, and sounds like the safe choice in your case. I think I'm going to wait to tell my dad, too, just cause I know he's opinionated about relationships in general.

6. butHitlerisDead

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm bisexual and pretty much in the same boat as you. I haven't yet come out to my parents but I've decided I should do it before I ever get a girlfriend because I think it would be too much to drop that I'm bisexual on them and that I'm seeing someone of the same sex. Personally I just think those should be two separate conversations. You should come out for you not because you feel pressured to do so by being in a relationship.

#6 butHitlerisDead, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016