1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangers of dating... what to do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by torrentluver, Mar 19, 2009.

1. torrentluver

So I finally broke my relationship off with my now exboyfriend. I just never got to see him and was lonely, which is the reason why.
    Anywho heres my problem. Now I wanna start dating because I hate being single and alone, I like falling asleep and waking up to the same man every day and getting all the affection from someone. The problem is with dating... It seems like every date ends up the same with the guy askin me to sleep over and then eventually gets what he wants. I admit I dont say no very eazy since Im very passive. What should I do? I want to start dating so I can hopefully find prince charming, but Im afraid of either being used to get some ass, or getting rejected. advise?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Some ass is probably going to try and use it...but even most regular dates with straight people happen that way. Sometimes you have to sleep with them, and STILL find them in your bed to see if they're actually the real thing--to know they didn't run off. Sometimes you gotta go somewhere fancy. Try different things.

3. jcoventry1

make sure at the start that you both know what your after

4. Tiffany

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel like gay men are stereotyped unfairly as especially promiscuous and so they then take on this identity- even if it isn't naturally them. Gay relationships don't have to be any different than straight ones. In straight relationships when guys straight to get girls to put out on the first date it's perfectly acceptable for the girl to say no, for some reason society seems to suggest that in gay relationships it's not acceptable to do the same thing. But it is. If you don't feel comfortable sleeping with a guy on the first date, or the second or the twelfth- don't. I don't think you should ever do something you don't feel one hundred percent comfortable doing and/or don't think it is appropriate to do.

The right guy will wait for however long you/he think is necessary. I'm sure of it. Get out there and the right guy will find you.

5. Jim1454

Exactly!!!

If you're on a dating site, be clear about what it is you're looking for. (If you're on a 'cruising site' then you're getting what I would expect you to get there - so stop. :icon_wink)

It's perfectly OK to set boundries when you start to date, and stick with them. Someone that wants you to 'put out' on the first date isn't likely the person you're looking for.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start saying no.

Lex