1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emotional flood gates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aerwolfen, Mar 20, 2009.

1. aerwolfen

i emailed my exwife to mention about some news i wanted to discuss with her,and i will say it in person on the weekend,also that it was private for her only,she then tells her kids and they are asking my son what my news is,( what they don't know about my coming out ) i was so hurt that i started to cry, i felt so wonderful yesterday and liberated,is this part of my liberation were my feelings come out so strong with no compression like in the past, is this one of the great sensation i will be facing now, its great but i'm really thrown back to my new sensitivity, i'm i strange ? any advise is more than welcome, i told my exwife that i will still visit and as for my news i will now play it by ear,its just i know her so well that i can for 95 % count on your positive feed back on my coming out news,. but my main question is about my new found open emotions is this normal ?

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, I think you are very normal. Anytime we are faced with emotions that have been suppressed deep inside of us, it tends to come out full force. You may experience once or alot of times but the release is good for you! Allow it to happen. You will feel better.

3. Jim1454

It's totally natural. It's good to actually feel your feelings. I didn't do that for years and years, and it eventually caught up with me. It wasn't pretty!

And unfortunately I think you have to expect people to not be as respectful of your requests for privacy or confidenciality as you would like from them. I've been lucky that way, but my bf had a bad experience with his ex wife. Some people can't put themselves in our shoes and understand the significance of what we're going through.

4. aerwolfen

oh god thanks that helps,i know over the past few years i had boughts of depression and started uncontrolled crying and it really had me scared crying for no reason,then after seeking councelling i realized that i had built up issues,and its your bodys way of dealing with it.did not come out then- but after yesterdays high of new found liberation and having my feeling hurt in a non-intentional way just openned the flood gates,now that i understand i have given myself new sense of inahabition freedom and acceptance of who i am ,i only hope i can put those feling on a holding shelf at work,now i;m scared what if i were to have another wave of emotional feelings again with my redneck peers at work.? can you really just flip a switch like that after years of surpressing feelings in the past, wow this is all so new to me,exciting and scary,definetly need more support people around me,thanks for listening.