1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by who am I, Mar 20, 2009.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    hi everyone,

I used to work with a woman who I really like and I probably fell for her we did spend a lot of time together at work plus she is older than me and is straight and she was married but her husband died just over a year ago I know nothing is going to happen. Since I have left I can't stop thinking about her feels like I hold a torch for her. She made me feel comfortable with myself and who I was. Need advice

2. Jim1454

You're lost because you continue to keep this secret about yourself. The 'relationship' with this woman is primarily in your head, and you need to start living your life in reality if you are going to get over her. Make new friends. Join a support group or a social club for gays and lesbians. Date other women. Put yourself out there. That would be my advice.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! As Jim mentioned, the best thing would be to move on by joining LGBT support groups or other social activities in your community. Try to meet new people, try to make some new friends. The more you do that, the more likely you will be able to find someone else. Maybe also spend some more time with your friends so to be able to start moving on.

4. Greggers

Well, like you said, nothing is going to happen.

Be friends with her by all means, but if your not going to be able to keep it at "just friends" you may want to purposely distance yourself for awhile so you and she dont get hurt.

And like everyone else said, try finding someone who is bi or lesbian so that maybe you can get to a point with them that could go further than "just friends". :slight_smile: LGBT groups are all over, and google is amazing at finding them. However, if you really cant find one near you (im having that problem) maybe re-locating isnt such a bad thing?