1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, Exepting my sexuality was one hurdle, this is an even bigger one

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LukeWellMaxwell, Sep 5, 2016.

1. LukeWellMaxwell

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay,
    Well this is going to take me a while to write and probably take a while for you to read lol.

Okay, i've finally exepted that i'm gay i've told alot of people at my school carelessly when i was still really unsure, i regret that now. It was almost like i was obsessed with the decision i had to make or didn't i guess, but i guess that a process of exepting who i was.

well firstly, i'm damn right scared, i mean i have no idea what my family and friends are going to think of me, and on a side note, what are the younger people in my family going to think of me? They won't understand it i mean i don't think so.

also, i feel scared that the weight lifted off my shoulders will be hard beacause you know finally being truthfull is hard .

My brother is so mean to me, but i feel like i need to tell him, but i'm scared he will make fun of me.. my dad , well i don't know what he would say,

i've mentioned it to my mum but she blamed it on the hormones and that just made me even more confused.

Well, i just needed to rant it out... i mean it's a massive step that will chnage my life forever, i cant live ths life of secrecy anymore

Thanks for reading...

-From Luke

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ohhh, I remember going through this too. I wanted to tell the whole school about myself but I was still new to my sexuality and quite insecure so good thing it didn't spread.

Regarding your family members, you don't have to tell them. It's not like they need to know everything about you. If you really want to, I think the best time you could tell them would be when you get a boyfriend. You'll have proof, if they still doubt you.

For the youngsters, they're more open-minded than adults, depending on how they were raised. But if they are close to you and you tell them you're gay without making it sound like it's too big of a deal, they'll view you more as human being than a gay person. I haven't come out to any of my younger family members so I can't tell you from experience but from what I heard, they have a positive reaction.

I remember telling my mom too and she said that I was confused because I'm too young to know and teenagers always change their mind. It obviously hit me that it was gonna take a while for her to get it so I came out again after a couple of months and she was okay with it, at least more than the last time.

Good luck and I hope everything will be okay for you ^^