1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extreme anxiety over coming out, but cant live in the closet?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hotdog, Sep 5, 2016.

1. hotdog

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im a trans man, and even though ive known for years, i havent been able to come out to my parents. whenever i get questioned about my masculine appearance at school, i instantly start panicking and i feel like i cant breathe. just thinking about coming out to my parents fills me with fear and i start having a panic attack. i cant keep living in the closet but i dont know how to come out, advice? please?

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you acknowledge that you're in fact a male but you don't fully love that part of yourself. If you are that scared about coming out that means you fear others judgment and you usually do not fear what others think when you're confident about yourself. No matter the reaction, you still love yourself. That's what I think anyways. Try working on that.

Here's a hug ^^ (*hug*)

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, breathe. (*hug*) We'll help you out.

Second, do you know how others might react to your coming out? I know it seems like a life or death situation, but if you already appear masculine, it may not be a surprise. You can try and gauge how your parents might react by talking about things like gay marriage and other issues, and see what their views are.

I know the idea of coming out is scary, but believe me, it does get better once you're out. You don't feel like you're keeping secrets from people. It's a weight off of your chest. And while it's never just saying it once and being done, it gets easier each time. Just take your time, and do things at your own pace. :icon_wink