1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I finally give my letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by eko, Sep 10, 2016.

1. eko

eko Guest

Hi,

So on Thursday I finally got the haircut I've been wanting ever since I began to cut my hair short. It is now a grade 4 - 6 on the sides and back (I would have wanted shorter but my mum already didn't like it) and longer on the top so it is a quiff. I am in love with it and I feel as though I pass 100% which is great. But ever since I got it cut my mum is hardly talking to me and hasn't looked at me. I know its because I look like a boy and she is in denial. I came out to her in December but it was dismissed as a phase (which I agreed too because my mum was so upset) and ever since then I have had a letter sitting in my desk ready for me to give to my mum but I've always been too scared to do so. Tomorrow I'm going out with a friend for majority of the day and I'm really tempted to give it to her in the morning so that she has the day to think about it. I know that if I do give it to her she will finally be faced with the reality of the situation instead of trying to brush the truth aside. I just know that when tomorrow comes I will be too scared but I know that in order for us to be happy, I need to do this. Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance. (If I was to do this I would be safe and not in danger of being thrown out).

#1 eko, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2016
  2. Savant

Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm sort of in the same plate as you right now. I have a prepared letter to give to my parents, and I just haven't gotten the confidence to give it to them. Good luck though, the rollercoaster is scariest when you are anticipating the drop, but once it starts it is much easier to deal with!

3. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can do this. I believe in you. Take a deep breath.

The nice part is that you won't have to worry to much about shock, since you've come out to her already. This should be something she is expecting. But it's still scary either way, so I wish you the best of luck!

4. ABeautifulMind

You can do it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

If your really nervous, may be give it to her in the morning, and then stay the night at your friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: