1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Some Really Quick Advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GayPugs, Sep 12, 2016.

1. GayPugs

I went to a QSA last week and it was awesome but then the facilitator said something that made my hair stand up! (I'll use W and E instead of real names for these people.)

She said:

"E says he won't be able to come because he has a class but he and W might come next week."

:eek:

I had no idea those two were in this QSA. W was my best friend when I was younger but towards the end of our friendship I told her I was a lesbian and she was really creeped out (or, at least, she acted creeped out). But I saw her a few weeks ago and she acted like nothing happened.
    The thing is, she doesn't know I'm a trans boy so if she is coming to my QSA that means I'm going to have to come out to her. AT. MY. QSA.
    I was so looking forward to a safe space where I can just meet people like me...this really sucks. :tears: I know, if she's coming to a QSA she'll probably be supportive but...we've known each other since we were both really, really little...and with her reaction about me being a lesbian....I dunno.
    My QSA is tomorrow and I'm actually considering skipping it...

(By the way, E is W's older brother.)

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

If you haven't known her well for years, then give her a second chance to be supportive of you, I think. Maybe you don't want to leave the QSA group - which you clearly value and like - just because of her?

I do appreciate wanting a safe place, however, so it's your decision, of course.

3. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why don't you tell them that you know this person and you would prefer a safe space?

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would encourage you to give this person a chance. The reason she could have been so awkwaed in the first place could have been because she was uncomfortable with her own feelings.

5. BenFreeman

They must have rules at those things just like they have rules on this site...Would they really allow her there if she is emotionally destructive?...PLUS I note that she is coming with her brother...so maybe something has happened in the intervening time in her family that has altered her viewpoint.

A good rule in life is not to make other peoples attitudes your problem. if she doesnt like who you are its actually HER problem. You are fine. You are a trans boy and there's nothing wrong with that. (*hug*)