1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I told them... what now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, Mar 21, 2009.

1. rocking23

Before I begin.. this post is all oveer the place, it may be hard to folllow :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

So basically, I told my mom I was gay on the last day of November 2008 since then I've been out on facebook, to anyone that asks and pretty much my entire grade and basically, its no big deal, no one cares. I have a poster of Nick Jonas in my locker that so many people have seen, anywaays...

So Im out to my mom and my bother (here's the post: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19961) A little bit about my brother... (i never posted about this) so the day after he comes up to me in the kitchen as i am reading the paper and says straight out "so, when are you going to take a girl to the movies?" I just stand there confused.... and later i was behind him as he was playing tetris and i was making comments and he said "you are acting like a fag.... a fag" so i just leave....... since then, he hasnt said anything, but next time im going to say "we've talked about this, I'm gay" ..... if you have any input on this, im eager to hear:slight_smile:

and the main reason of my post

so ive told my mom back in november... but never since then have we talked about it... my dad doesnt know yet (even though hes seen the massive amount of posters of the jonasbrother and zac efron on my desk) and whenever he said.. "when you're married with kids" and i look at my mom i notice a thing in her face.. like almost a sigh but not ?? if that make sense.... i want to talk to her again but its like it too SOO much to tell her that to talk again would be like.................

any advice you have about that (or my brother) would be absolutely amazing! :grin::grin:

2. Nick

At school, I say that you do nothing more. You have told people, if they choose to take it on board or not, that is up to them.

However, the same won't work for your brother, because you live with him. I think that you should talk to him about it. For whatever reason, he is not realising (or accepting) that you are gay. It may help if you talk to him about how you are just like anyone else, gay/straight/bi/whatever and sexuality does not change a person in a big way, only what gender they prefer.

I hope that everything turns out alright. If you ever want to talk, I would be more than happy to talk with you (via PM, if you prefer).

3. Just Adam

the fact is your bro will find it a little awkward to begin with your right jsut say look im gay its jsut a fact your real issue is you need to tell your dad its not fair to tell everyone else and not him youll have to sit down with him and have a chat maybe get your mum to support you while you do it.
    as for her the fact is she will always have that sigh its natural the thought no wedding no grand kids your entering a life shes powerless to help with it is upsetting but hses your mum and loves you shes jsut apprehensive cos she cares :slight_smile:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've alerted them. They know. If they want to retreat into "no he's not gay lalalalala I can't hear you" land, that's up to them. You don't need to talk to them about it again.

As for your father, that's up to you. When your father says "When you're married with kids," just picture yourself in a classic, front-lawn, family photo. You, your two wonderful children, and your spouse...Zac Efron. :slight_smile: Then say "Uh-huh", and keep listening to your dad drone on.

Lex

5. rocking23

holy dina! you can read me like a book!

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Wtf is a dina? But anyway...Let your dad know...I think it might be worst if you let your mother tell him first. Plus, it's not fair to disinclude someone about something as big as that. And just remind your brother you're gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. rocking23

hahahah i laughed soo much!

it all started with 'hola dinosaurs' or 'hola dinosaur' then it became just 'hola dina'

bahahahah