1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could make someone more attracted to older guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mind Freak, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I really like older guys. Not like middle agers necessarily (not that there's anything wrong with middle aged men, it would just be extra creepy cause I'm still a kid lol) maybe a year older but no more than 4. Idk why. Most of the people I like; guys and girls, have ended up being older than me by at least 6 months.

And it's not like I like them BECAUSE they're older than me; I'll start crushing and then it'll turn out that they're older. Strange right?

So I'm curious if you know why I'm like that (because i have no clue lol) or if you're like that. Maybe it has to do with maturity? And I think people who are older than me tend to be more attractive. *shrugs* I dunno.

2. hoping

I have always liked older guys, i dont seee anything makes it like that but i just get along with older people in general, different topics of converstaion and stuff like that. Like my boyfriend is 27 and it just feels right i guess

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of people seem to be attracted to people in that age range. I'd guess that it's to do with the other person's maturity, but I can't say too much about it, I tend to like girls a year or two younger than I am.

4. Greggers

Um...

Well, i would NOT call someone 6 months older than you "older" than you personally. Not even a year difference is very (very) minor. And in maturity, age actually has little to do with it. You can assume an older guy will be more mature, but thats not always right. People can mature at 15, people can NOT mature at 30. I know a 30 year old who is about as mature as the kid telling poop jokes in grade 3. Its almost like saying "My twin who popped out first by 2 minutes obviously learned to walk before me".

If your 15, its really not that weird to be crushing on someone like even up to 19. I know actually quite alot of people in grade 10-11 dating college students. They are mature grade 10-11 students though. Its all about the maturity level.

Basically, dont worry about restricting yourself to someone whos born in the same month as you :slight_smile: Just let the chips fall as they may, as the saying goes. When you start to put rules on top of your love, it will distort it. Your body knows what its attracted to, and as long as that is a healthy attraction (as these are) then just go with that. (*hug*)

5. Just Adam

dude likeing someone olders fine you just got to mature it up a bit more laid back dont try to hard find out what that age bracket are into in your area and relate

good luck

6. xequar

At 15, a year or two might seem like a huge age difference, but it's not that big of a thing.

But to more answer your question as to WHY you might be attracted to older guys? Perhaps you find "older" (I'm still chuckling at this, as your definition of older is what I would define as a kid) guys to be more physically attractive. At that age range, there are still physical bodily changes happening, so maybe you like your guys more adult-like. Perhaps it's because they're more mature/intelligent/comfortable with themselves.

Whatever it is, I wouldn't worry about it too much. For the sake of conversation, I'm 27 and my boyfriend's 39. He's got an excellent body. He's very comfortable with who he is. He's intelligent and mature and he understands how the world actually works, whereas most guys my age don't have a clue what they want or how the world works.

At any rate, I wouldn't sweat it too hard if I were you.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You like them because they can give you a ride. :wink:

Lex

8. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Lol Lexington's like " Damn! More competition!!! :***:"

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, at my age, about all I have to offer is a lift in my '96 Neon. Or the Stud Magnet, as I call it.

[​IMG]

The line forms to the right, fellas.

Lex

10. BeautifulStranger

I go for maturity reasons.
    Most homosexuals I know that are my age are screaming queens who can't be serious for a damn minute. Like when you're working on a project that counts for 50% of your grade and they don't do a damn thing for it.
    Just bugs me.

Boys younger than me are just a huge turn-off.
    At State Honors Choir, a boy in my grade was hitting on me and it was just annoying. I normally revel in people paying attention to me, but not this kid for the simple fact that he looked (and was) about 15. I would've kissed him just to shut him up.

Not to mention I look like I'm 20, so younger guys are intimidated thinking I'm older than I actually am and older guys come to me thinking I'm older than I actually am.

11. xequar

Sorry Lex, my BF's Neon is a 2005... :lol:

12. Just Adam

id put out to get a ride in that....not even gonna say if u had a trans am or old charger :grin: * cough*

13. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, I couldn't helpo but chuckle at your definition of older and younger. 6 months is the blink of an eye, really. I shudder to ask what your definition of middle age is, for fear that I might already have passed that threshold :icon_wink

For me it's not really an issue, but I generally feel visually attracted to guys that are about the same age as me, but I usually crush on guys that are either at least 5 years younger (so I'm the one that can take charge and dazzle them with my enormous maturity) or guys that are at least 5 years older (which dazzle me with their bigger experience in the ways of the world).

I don't know how that would look to the outside world though. I still get mistaken for a highschooler pretty often, despite already having graduated college.

14. Mind Freak

I wasn't saying the 6 months was a big difference; I was just saying that the difference was there. *shrugs* Like I can even tell the difference between people in 10th grade and people in 11th grade; most times you can tell the subtle difference in maturity I guess, well where I'm from at least.

I thought you were in high school honestly. Lol.

Middle aged to me is like 40s since most people die around 80, most people are in the middle of their life at 40. x D

15. Alex19

creeper... lol jk

16. justinishere

I know exactly how you feel! Everyone I seem to like and/or crush on are mostly older than me. I guess it has to do with the whole maturity thing and they fact that they probably have more experience and can teach me something or too :wink:

17. Sexiross

Sexiross Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    dude i am the same way , but i know that i am into older guys.... its just they are more interesting then younger people. nothing wrong with the young...just i prefer people thats been around the blck and back u know!?!

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, that's what I once suggested to my mother when she was 40. She ardently insisted that Middle aged only started at 50, and was pretty insulted I could get it so wrong.
    Maybe I should ask her again now that she is 50 :grin:

As for differences in maturity: through highschool I always had the impression it had to do with a general atmosphere in a class. That is to say, in my experience, my class (those born in 1983) were more mature than both the classes after AND before it. And I once, years after I graduated, heard a teacher make the same comment (without me ever having told this to him). So you could tell the difference, but it wans't so straightforward as older people being ever more mature.

19. Janvier

I prefer older men too, like mid-30s, I find them much more interesting than the younger guys.

20. SirBoobalot

Exactly the same here. I've only crushed on two people roughly my age, and one of those was when I was eleven. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My girlfriend is 25 - I just get on with older people better, most of the time. I am mature for 17, and I do think that's why - also there are just more adults in the groups I'm part of than teenagers, really; the only time I see other 17-18s is when I'm at college, and they're all either ugly or taken. :wink: