1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Today was kinda strange

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jack2009, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Anyways I went to city, and a hotel, and there was a group of gays. One of them kiss a guy, I didn't see it, but my grandma did and she was making all these ugly faces like she was disgusted or something... and I didn't say much, since I didn't see it. We were eating..

And then we walk out, and a bunch of gays from the same group were hugging and everything, and I didn't say anything, but my family spoke about in the van with words like "fagots" and then in a restaurant there were two transvestites, and we spoke about that (I wasn't much involve).

Also in the elevator, there were a group I will assume lesbians, since one had short hair, and they were all talking to each other, some manly and others feminine, and really tall.

Two gays were holding hands *different group* outside walking on the streets, and my brother said "fagots". and pointing and all.

So now I really see how my family views this, and it's like they view them like the "circus".

And for a moment I was considering coming out lol. Oh and my grandma was like "those guys were looking at you" (she was kidding *i hope; I didn't see if they were looking at me*; so I force like a disgusted look to that, and all, but I could care less if they were, but I felt really uneasy)

The morning we left, my dad said, "I don't want fags touching my hair", since they were laughing about these two gay guys cutting hair.

#1 Jack2009, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  2. Alex19

wow... there pretty prejudiced arent they? well, u have to keep in mind that they dont know your gay, so dont let it get to u. when u decide to tell them, i think their minds will change.

3. Greggers

Jack i totally feel ya man (*hug*)

All my family would talk about over dinner are things like "I wish we could ship all the fags to the moon" or talking about shooting up all the fags at my university, or talking about how disgusting trannies are, and so on and so on. EVERY holiday this is what would happened. This is why i hate all family get togethers, they are too much to deal with.

...but now that im out, its all stopped. Atleast its stopped to my face. They actually feel horrible for saying these things, because they would NEVER say anything to a gay persons face. Knowing that they said it around me makes them emberessed they ever did it. That is because they are all fucking cowards. They are fine with poking fun behind someones back, but too afraid to do it to there face.

Your family will most likely change there views to accept you though, or alteast try.

4. aerwolfen

its a shame that parents raise their kids like that and they grow up to carry on the cycle,my friend from work is a racist,i see it at his home and with his kids ,i tell him all the time that he really is effecting his kids preceptions for later on,my son has never heard a racist word from me and i remind him all the time to be kind and live with respect and respect will come back to you, its a shame about your parents its most likely how they were raised,and thank god you can break that cycle of ignorance,because of my age i really can't offer that much advise to deal with your parents other than hope your time to come out is a good one,good luck.

5. Jonah 4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is a strange day. I don't think I've ever seen a gay couple in public that wasn't family, let alone multiple. But regardless, while your family's reactions were inappropriate don't let it be an end all be all for your coming out.

My grandfather called me a faggot before(at the time he didn't know I was gay) but fully accepts me know as I am.

And in a sort of similar situation...a couple years back before I accepted myself I came out as a christian that was bi but battling those tendencies(wow it just sounds os ridiculous now :dry:slight_smile: to my small group leader and two guy friends. And while, the two guys I told still amake homophobic remarks that really irritate me(one even made the comment about never letting a gay guy touch his hair) we still talked, had fellowship, etc. I think sometimes people just need to get over the bump. So, anyway my moral is don't give up hope. :thumbsup: