1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial? Or just afraid of the truth?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greenthumb95, Sep 20, 2016.

1. greenthumb95

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    So, it all started back when i was a senior in high school. I noticed that I was always checking out my classmates in gym class when they would shower. I would catch myself looking down there. At the time i thought it was just me comparing myself to other guys. I was never interested in kissing a guy or having a bf, but i was always resisting the temptation to look at their private parts. In college, I was very focused on having sex with women. I dated a few women and had alot of sex, but never was interested in a gf relationship until i met my wife. Fast forward a few years and i meet my wife in college....pretty regular sex life..But, the curiosity surronding men was still there. I couldnt seem to shake it and as time went on..it got more intense. Due to the fact that It wouldnt go away, i began seeking opinions from my wifes female friends about how i came off to them, in regard to my sexuality. That decision would eventually backfire on me..as one of them..who was in our wedding..ended up calling my wife after i had attempted to communicate with her and told her everything i told her. I should note, that over the years..my wife had made little comments and seen things that i am guessing made her wonder..but ultimately i think she chose to ignore it. After my wife got the phone call from her friend..she immediately thought i was gay and trying to leave her..which isnt the case. She was more pissed that i talked to others before her. Which is understandable. I have been in therapy for a while now..and it seems to help..but only makes the confusion more intense. At times, i feel really bi..and other days..straight as an arrow.
    I would really appreciate any feedback!

2. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Label it what you want. Only you truly know your sexual orientation. It's possible that you're bi or just simply a bit curious. Either way if you're in a loving relationship with your wife and are happy, that's all that should matter. Let her know that you didn't want to hurt her feelings or that you were afraid of her reactions, and regardless that you're at most bi but still love and charish her.